Experience Irish Dancing shows

Experience Irish Dancing shows

Author
Posted Tue 3 Oct 2023 10:32 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 28 minutes ago Visits: 76.1K
Ireland is renowned for its cultural heritage, and one of the most captivating aspects of it is its traditional Irish dance. If you're planning a trip to the Emerald Isle, don't miss the opportunity to witness it. Here are some renowned dancing shows you can catch during your visit:

The Hooley show in Glencullen
Located in Glencullen, just a short drive from Dublin, The Hooley Show is a unique Irish experience. The show takes place in Johnny Fox's Pub, known as the highest pub in Ireland. Guests are treated to a night of lively music, hearty cuisine, and, of course, traditional Irish dance performances. The intimate setting and hospitality make Hooley Nights a must-see attraction.

Trad on the Prom in Salthill
Galway's Salthill area is known for its coastal views and buzzing promenade, and Trad on the Prom adds an extra layer of  charm to this location. This show combines music, song, dance, and storytelling to provide an unforgettable evening of entertainment. The cast includes world-class dancers who will leave you in awe with their intricate footwork and passion for the art.

Celtic Nights in Dublin:
In the heart of Dublin city, Celtic Nights at the Arlington Hotel offers an incredible evening of Irish culture. The show features traditional Irish music, song, and dance. The dancers and musicians will take you on a journey through the history and traditions of Ireland.

The Irish House Party in Dublin
The Irish House Party, located in Dublin's city center, offers an authentic and interactive Irish music and dance experience. This show is unique because it invites guests to participate in the entertainment. You can learn a few dance steps and join in the lively session, making it a memorable and engaging evening of Irish culture.

Some other options
Now, you may find smaller and more spontaneous dancing shows in pubs, which is great if you fancy more casual settings. I found The Celt in Dublin to have weekly dancing in addition to their daily trad sessions. More trad pubs suggestions can be found here and some of them may have some dancing included. And what if you want to dance yourself? This school in Galway might just be what you need!

So, pack your dancing shoes and get ready to experience the magic of Irish dance!
Does our Community have additional suggestions for Irish dancing shows? 
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 20 Oct 2023 5:11 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 12
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 22 Mar 2024 10:34 AM Visits: 269
Thank you for this information. I am amazed about the time and effort you put in to compile this list.
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 29 Oct 2023 8:34 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 28 minutes ago Visits: 76.1K
No problem at all, Murphy! I hope it will come in handy. 😊