Accommodation in Aran Islands beginning of November

Accommodation in Aran Islands beginning of November

Author
Posted Sun 15 Oct 2023 1:25 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 24 Oct 2023 5:57 AM Visits: 4
Hi!
I am traveling to Aran Islands beginning of November and need inexpensive accommodation for one which is reachable without car. Somone here who knows of something? 
Thank you!
Ragnhild 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 16 Oct 2023 7:27 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 27
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 4:35 AM Visits: 76.6K
Hi Ragnhild,

It's great that you are visiting the Aran Islands next month ! 

First of all, which one of the Aran Islands will you be visiting ? 

Assuming you arrive on Inishmore (the biggest island of the three) , there are plenty of accommodation options near the ferry port. You might want to look into hostels (such as Kilronan Hostel) since you are looking for an affordable place to stay. Furthermore, here are more accommodation options in County Galway

Renting a bike could also be an option, it's a fun way to explore Inishmore during your time here and you could reach other accommodations further, given that you are travelling light.

Let us know what you think. :) 
Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 23 Oct 2023 8:17 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Thank you for your answer! Kilronan sounds very good, but when i search for beds from the 4. to 5. November, I get only "unavailable". Do you know why?

Ragnhild Ystad
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 23 Oct 2023 10:16 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 27
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 4:35 AM Visits: 76.6K
No problem at all, Ragnhild!

When I look at the booking calendar, I see some availability on the 4th (for one bed in a dorm of 6) but some dates appear to be unavailable indeed. It's best to get in touch with the hostel directly (kilronanhostel@gmail.com) or possibly make multiple bookings, depending on what's available in different dorms or rooms.

I hope you get to book your stay on the Aran Islands. Alternatively you could stay in Doolin, which has more hostels and is only a ferry ride from Inishmore.

Cheers,
Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 24 Oct 2023 6:00 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Thanks! It turns out Kilronan is closed that weekend  so I will have to find somewhere else. Maybe in Doolin, as you write? And Doolin is just a trip with the ferry, you write. How far away, how ling time with the ferry? And many times a day?

Thank you 
Ragnhild 
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 26 Oct 2023 9:48 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 9:14 PM Visits: 3.1K
Ah, that is a pity, Ragnhild, 

Depending on the Aran Island you are visiting, it can take between 30 minutes to 1.5 hours. You can have a look at the timetable here. The Rainbow Hostel is just one of several in the area that you can research. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Cathaoir