Visit Ireland 27 December

Visit Ireland 27 December

Author
Posted Mon 6 Nov 2023 8:55 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 6 Nov 2023 8:55 AM Visits: 2
Dear Team,
We land at Dublin airport on 27 December and we will spend 4 nights in Ireland (i.e until 31 December).
We will rent a car. We will be 3 persons. Myself, my wife and our son 16 months old.
What you recommend that we must see these 4 days. Do we drive for one night and stay in Galway and see the cliffs of Moher or do we drive and stay one night in Cork?
I believe we should stay for 2 nights in Dublin.
Lets assume weather will be reasonable those 4 days :)
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 6 Nov 2023 11:17 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:23 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Haris,

It's lovely to hear that you will be over with us for a few days in between Christmas and New Year!

Dublin will be a great city to spend this time in with the shops opening back up and some of the main attractions welcoming visitors after the holidays. We would suggest checking the opening times of any places you are particularly interested in seeing and booking your tickets online to be sure of entry and the best prices. 🙂

Galway is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Dublin so can be visited in a day if needs be but staying over in the area will give you the chance to see the city and take a trip down to the Cliffs of Moher.

Similarly, Cork is about a 3 hour drive again from Dublin, it is possible to see and few places such as the Rock of Cashel on the way there or back, and Cobh is a lovely spot to visit too.

For your accommodation needs, we have a great search page on our website. Just scroll down to the where do you want to stay section and use the filters to refine your search. We have pre-selected Cork to get you started but please feel free to change the location and add a type to further refine your search.

In addition, there is some information on driving in Ireland and also on car rental. 🚗 The motorways to Galway and Cork will have tolls to be aware of, the M50 has a barrier free toll so paying online is necessary or at Payzone outlets.

Hopefully, this will give you some ideas for your time with us.

Will this be a first time visit for you all?