New Year 2023

New Year 2023

Author
Posted Fri 24 Nov 2023 8:58 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 25 Nov 2023 6:58 AM Visits: 10
Hello, we are coming to Dublin for 4 days from 28/12 to 01/01/2023 what can we do, Christmas walks, parties...? Could you advise me. Thank you for your help
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 25 Nov 2023 6:35 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)Community Expert (8.7K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 21
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 8:11 AM Visits: 9.4K
Hi Typhanie, 

That sounds like you have a lovely winter break in Dublin coming up! Is this going to be your first trip to Ireland? 

You're in luck! The Dublin New Year Festival runs from 29th of December until 1st of January and you can expect over 40 acts to play across this four-day festival! You can read more about the festival (and other events during the Christmas period) in this community post, or you can find all the information on the festival website.

There is a lot to do and see in Dublin and many of the main attractions are within walking distance from the city centre. You'll never be far from a pub and having a pint with the locals can be one of the best ways to warm up after a day of exploring the city. Or maybe you want to treat yourself to a fancy dinner? Feel free to have a look at these restaurant suggestions.

I hope you find these suggestions helpful and I would love to hear about your trip afterwards and how you decided to spend New Years Eve!

Sarah

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 25 Nov 2023 7:01 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 25 Nov 2023 6:58 AM Visits: 10
Hi Sarah ,
Thank you for your response, and all the information you gave me. I saw it for the new year festival, it’s great. Do you know if there is a program for this? I haven't found a program.
yes it's our first time in Ireland but certainly not the last ^^
I am traveling with a 6 year old child who I also have to please during the visits, do you have any ideas? I have already found several playgrounds.
thank you very much for all the information, I just have to study it all
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 26 Nov 2023 1:42 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 10 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Hi Typhanie,

How nice that you'll be with us in Dublin for the holidays season!

The Dublin's New Year's festival program can be found on their website by clicking on the 3 different venues of the festival. I found a family friendly event at Dublin Castle on the 31st you may be interested in. Some events are free as well. :) 

Speaking of things to do in Dublin with your child, we have a previous forum thread with suggestions for families in Dublin and beyond. I also found the Family Fun website to be a good place to look.

Let us know how your plans are coming along. 

A bientôt,
Antoine