Navigating Airports on the Island of Ireland

Navigating Airports on the Island of Ireland

Author
Posted Thu 7 Dec 2023 10:52 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 6:47 PM Visits: 76.1K
Are you planning your first city-trip to Ireland? Navigating from airports to city centers can be a bit daunting for newcomers. Fear not, for I'm here to guide you through the public transportation options available

Dublin Airport

Dublin Express and Aircoach shuttles: Dublin Airport is seamlessly connected to the city center by the Dublin Express and Aircoach shuttle buses. These buses operate frequently, ensuring minimal wait times and it is cheaper to buy a return ticket than two one ways.

Leap Visitor Card using Dublin Bus: for an efficient and cost-effective travel experience, consider the Leap Visitor Card. This smart card allows unlimited travel on Dublin Bus, Luas (tram), and DART (train) services within Dublin for a specified number of days (1, 3 or 7). It will also allow you to commute from and to the airport with the local Dublin Bus 16 and 41. Note that it is a bit slower than the dedicated shuttles we discussed above but way more affordable.

Cork Airport

The Bus Éireann Expressway service connects Cork Airport to the city center, offering a comfortable and journey.

Belfast International Airport and Belfast City Airport 

Translink Airport Express 300: this bus service connects Belfast International Airport to the city center and Europa Bus Centre in just 45 minutes, providing a direct and affordable option.

If you are travelling from Befast City Airport, you can then take the Airport Express 600 services. Note that this one is including in the Belfast Visitor Pass, but the Airport Express 300 isn't.

Shannon Airport

Bus Éireann provides regular services connecting Shannon Airport to Ennis, Limerick (Bus 51 and 343), and Galway (Bus Eireann 51). The well-maintained buses offer a comfortable ride, allowing travelers to sit back, relax, and enjoy the scenic beauty of the Irish countryside.

A few more tips

Plan Ahead: Familiarize yourself with the public transportation schedules on the Transport for Ireland website to minimize waiting times. You can also download their apps

Get a transportation card to save money. In the Republic of Ireland, the Leap Card: this is a convenient way to pay for your fares and it even gives you 30% discount on city busses. You can easily top it up yourself with the TFI app. In Northern Ireland, you can purchase an iLink card which may include airport transportation and unlimited travel in the region depending on your needs

Has our Community any more tips for traveling by public transport from the airport to city centers? Also, check out our thread about the public transportation passes if you plan to go beyond our cities
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 1 Mar 2024 11:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (184 reputation)Gaining Respect (184 reputation)Gaining Respect (184 reputation)Gaining Respect (184 reputation)Gaining Respect (184 reputation)Gaining Respect (184 reputation)Gaining Respect (184 reputation)Gaining Respect (184 reputation)Gaining Respect (184 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 11
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 4 Mar 2024 11:16 AM Visits: 689
Hi folks, hope you are all well!

I would like to take this opportunity to advertise my own small transport business, M's Taxi, which I operate in County Antrim, Northern Ireland.

M's Taxi is a small private owned transport business. I offer transport for up to 8 passengers with a luggage trailer for suitcases and travel accessories. I provide transport to and from airports & hotels, i.e Belfast & Dublin airport and vice versa. I offer transport to main tourist attractions around the North of Ireland. I am happy to offer southern custom trips if you have any areas of interest which you would like to see while visiting Ireland.

Here are a few links to my Website, Facebook and Viator page where my reviews can be seen. 

www.ms-taxi.co.uk
https://www.viator.com/tours/Belfast/Belfast-to-Dublin-Airport-transport-service/d738-370913P1
https://www.facebook.com/neverfearmstaxiishere/
I look forward to hearing from you! 
Email: mstaxi1@outlook.com