Translation help

Translation help

Author
Posted Tue 19 Dec 2023 4:41 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 19 Dec 2023 4:38 AM Visits: 2
Hi everyone, I hope this is ok to ask. I have a Claddagh ring from my grandfather who’s Irish heritage I am still trying to find. However I’d really love to have the ring engraved but want to be Sure I’m having the right thing written. He used to call me “moon face” I’ve done an online translate but it gives me a Few different options for face. I’m wondering if someone might be able to help Me with The correct translation of this. The options I have found are:
aghaidh gealach
leathan san éadan
But I also duine as meaning human face. So I’m very unsure. Many thanks in advance :)

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 19 Dec 2023 11:22 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 11:05 AM Visits: 623
Hello Tori!

It's great that you're exploring your Irish roots and looking to add a personal touch to your Claddagh ring.

Since you want to make sure the translation is the best possible, I advise you to contact Foras Na Gaeilge - the public body responsible for the promotion of the Irish language throughout the island of Ireland.

Wishing you the best as you honor your grandfather's heritage with this special engraving. 💚

Have a great day!