I’ve heard good things about Ireland’s spas, where can I go for some “me time” after a hectic...

I’ve heard good things about Ireland’s spas, where can I go for some...

Author
Posted Tue 2 Jan 2024 10:52 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 9:31 AM Visits: 691
Some time to check in with yourself is a must after a busy holiday season, and the island of Ireland’s spas are just the place to do it. From retreats in stunning rural locations to city centre spas, here are a few of our favourites… 

At Finn Lough in County Fermanagh, it’s all about connecting with yourself and nature in this rural part of Northern Ireland on the banks of Lough Erne. Finn Lough offers two spa experiences: the Elements Trail which features different treatment cabins offering hot and cold therapy; and Awen Shore where you can admire the panoramic views of Lough Erne as you relax in a private outdoor hot tub. You are also encouraged to go for a refreshing wild swim in Lough Erne! 

Take a break from perusing the January sales in Dublin city, and book a treatment at the “5-star Rated Dublin Natural Therapies & Wellness Clinic” The Bodywise Clinic on Suffolk Street. Here, they offer numerous treatments including a Hot Stone Massage, a Natural Face-Lift Massage and a Deep Tissue Massage – bliss! 

Similarly in Belfast, follow up your retail therapy with hydrotherapy in the Spa at the Merchant Hotel. You don’t need to be a hotel resident to enjoy this Belfast landmark hotel’s treatments and relaxation room, but you should treat yourself to a stay here anyway as this hotel has won too many awards to list! 

Next, designed by the same person who envisioned New York’s Waldorf Astoria and the Sandy Lane in Barbados, we have the spa retreat in County Cavan’s Farnham Estate, Spa and Golf Resort. If the rolling, lusciously green hills of Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands don’t have you feeling relaxed enough, then the pool and relaxation room will. Go on, treat yourself to the Full Day Pamper Package, which includes six hours of pools, thermal suite, sauna, steam room, and a treatment. 

Have you ever been to a spa in a castle? Lough Eske Castle in County Donegal has everything you need to relax. Enjoy the heated indoor pool, steam room, thermal suite and hydrotherapy pool. Soothe aches and pains with the ice fountain and discover true relaxation with a massage. The only way to top off this royally relaxing spa break is by staying a night in the castle!

Last but not least, make a day of it in the spa at Powerscourt Hotel, County Wicklow. The Day Spa Experience here allows you to take your time as you enjoy the spa and treatments such as a Warming Back, Neck and Shoulders Massage, and a Tailored Facial. This experience is completed by a light afternoon tea-style lunch and gifts including shower gels and fragrant oils so you can take a little bit of relaxation home with you. 

Does our Community have any favourite spas on the island of Ireland?
Tags