Travel from Ennis to Dublin Airport

Travel from Ennis to Dublin Airport

Author
Posted Tue 9 Jan 2024 11:36 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 9 Jan 2024 11:35 PM Visits: 2
I am in Ireland in October 2024 and will be finishing a tour in Ennis and need to get to Dublin Airport to fly out.  I'm keen on a train trip but bus trip will be fine as well. 
It looks like I should look at the Limerick train line which services the Ennis area, but its not very clear to me.
What are my best options for that trip. 
I know the train trip is around 3.5 hrs and the Bus trip around 4 hrs, which fits in with my itinerary.
Mick
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 10 Jan 2024 10:25 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Hi Mick,

How nice that you'll be with us next autumn! 

According to the Rome 2 Rio website, you have multiple train options to get to Dublin Heuston (you'll still need a short shuttle bus ride to the airport after that). I would recommend switching in Limerick (Colbert) instead of Athenry, as the transfer times seem more comfortable. Now of course it depends on the time of the day and both options are quite similar. You can get tickets ahead of times through the Irish Rail website.

I'm eager to hear what you've got planned during your tour! 

Cheers,
Antoine