Accomodations in Ireland

Accomodations in Ireland

Author
Posted Thu 18 Jan 2024 4:25 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 18 Jan 2024 8:16 PM Visits: 171
Looking to travel to Ireland in April/May.  While I have compiled a list of places and sights to see, we prefer to travel without a fixed schedule.  This comes down to the choice of booking (all) accommodations ahead of time, or just arriving into a town or village, later in the day, and being able to find a place to stay.  Pre-booking would require us to follow a schedule, which is not horrible, but lessens the ability to be spontaneous.  Maybe we find one place or sight not terribly interesting, and choose to move on, or conversely, find something that we really are into, and want to stay longer.  Or maybe just the weather makes a choice for us.  Any thoughts?  Thank you.

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 20 Jan 2024 11:57 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 11:05 AM Visits: 623
Hello George!

I'm happy to hear you're planning a trip to Ireland. 🤗

Traveling and being able to improvise is always nice and allows you to make the most of the opportunities, but when it comes to having to book accommodation you need to be sure of finding places available even at the last moment, and this is not always possible.

This does not mean that there may be hotels or B&Bs available from one day to the next, but it could be risky.
In general it would be better to book everything in advance, also considering that it is more convenient, so I would advise you to book in places from which you can travel and easily reach other destinations you plan to visit. 🗺️

At the bottom of this page dedicated to accommodation in Ireland you can easily search for accommodation according to the type and area in which you would like to stay.

In some parts of the island many attractions are quite close to each other and, if you have access to a car, it is not a problem to be able to travel and do day tours.

If you're looking for some inspiration, this trip ideas page might be helpful.

I hope these tips are useful for organizing your trip as best as possible.
If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

Have a great day. ☘️