I’m looking for an adrenaline rush during my trip to Northern Ireland, where can I go?

I’m looking for an adrenaline rush during my trip to Northern Ireland,...

Author
Posted Thu 1 Feb 2024 10:12 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Tue 19 Mar 2024 2:27 PM Visits: 640
You’ve come to the right place! One of the lesser-known facts about Northern Ireland is that it’s a thrill-seeker's haven. From coasteering in County Antrim to skydiving over County Londonderry, here are some adrenaline-boosting activities for you to check out… 

Surf some gnarly waves in Belfast city… yes, you read that right! At Surf Belfast indoor surfing experience, you can take on 5ft waves in the company of an instructor. This is a great way to prepare to take to the sea at one of Northern Ireland’s famous surf spots, such as Portrush in County Antrim. 

Have you ever tried coasteering? It involves climbing, scrambling, swimming and jumping off tall rocks into the sea – what a thrill! The team at Coasteering NI will take you out along the Ballintoy Coast in County Antrim for 2.5 hours of exhilarating physical activity that will test out any fear of heights or water!

Head to Bloody Bridge in Newcastle, County Down, to try out gorge walking (wet bouldering). This super-fun activity involves climbing wet, rocky terrain and jumping into waterfalls, rivers and natural pools. It’s in a beautiful location too, at the foot of the Mourne Mountains. Don’t let the gorgeous views and trickling streams fool you, though, this is a physically demanding experience guaranteed to give you that rush of adrenaline you’re after. 

How competent are you in running, climbing, jumping, crawling AND balancing? These are the many skills which will be put to the test in Forest Fitness NI’s Assault Course. Head to Carrickfergus in County Antrim to take on the challenge alone or as part of a team as you complete a timed obstacle course made up of both natural and man-made obstacles in the beautiful yet challenging forest terrain. 

If you’re looking for the ultimate thrill then you need to try tandem jumping over County Londonderry. The only question is, will you pay for the upgrade so you can jump 15,000ft instead of 10,000ft? With your instructor attached to you, you’ll be free-falling at speeds of approximately 125mph before releasing the parachute and falling gently through the sky over Northern Ireland. You’ll find this thrilling experience at Movenis Airfield, which is roughly between Belfast and Coleraine. 

Does our Community know of any more must-do thrilling activities in Northern Ireland?
Tags