My trip in the North/Northwest Ireland

My trip in the North/Northwest Ireland

Author
Posted Fri 2 Feb 2024 10:27 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 11 Mar 2024 1:49 PM Visits: 7
Hello !
I travelled all the way from Belfast to Newport last summer, and I did a video about this trip (in French but you can activate the subtitles or just enjoy the landscapes)
Please feel free to ask any question !

https://youtu.be/JjhubojIJE4?feature=shared

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 3 Feb 2024 8:37 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Sat 20 Apr 2024 8:19 AM Visits: 77
Hey Thibault,

What a beautiful video, I just travelled with you from the comfort of my home. It must have taken you some time to edit your drone shots and pictures, nicely done!

And you seem to have had quite a nice adventure. Where did you stop during your journey and where would you recommend fellow travellers to go?

Have a nice day,
Mathilde

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 5 Mar 2024 7:39 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)Gaining Respect (114 reputation)
Hello Mathilde, 

I'm so sorry for the delay, I just found the reply notification in my spams !
Hope i'm not answering too late. 

Thank you for your feedbacks on my video, it means a lot :)
I had indeed a really nice adventure. It will be quite hard to tell exactly where I stopped because I didn't planned a lot and stopped where I wanted to, without knowing the name of the place, but I still can share a few things :

I had a whole week, and I tried to see everything I could between Belfast and the county Mayo, but it was too much for a week and I missed a lot of places. Looking back I should have stayed in Northern Ireland and/or in county donegal because there's so much to explore there, and I spent way too much time in the car, trying to see everything I could along the coast.

Northern Ireland is a wonderful region with a lot to see, so I regret not taking the time to discover this place. And the same goes to county Donegal, where the coast is gorgeous and quite impressive.  I think one of my best stop was a night at Culdaff. Nice pub and a really beautiful beach, where I spent the whole evening. But it's basically beautiful everywhere in Ireland :D

There's so much to see on a coast, trying to see all of it is a mistake, because there's so much to explore even on a small portion.

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 11 Mar 2024 10:45 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 10:33 AM Visits: 76.1K
Thank you so much for sharing your adventure along the north and west with us, Thibault!
That sounds like an epic road trip, even if you say you should have taken more time in certain locations (there's always next time for that if, let's say, you wanna rediscover County Donegal for 10 days). Thanks for the tip about Culdaff by the way!

As a fellow videographer, I have to say I love the work you put into this documentary: the editing, the shots of Carrick a rede & Ben Bulben, the drone shots, the colorgrading and the voiceovers - that's some quality work you have done here and I'm sure you'll feel all fuzzy inside when you'll look at it again in a few years.

A bientôt,
Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 11 Mar 2024 1:51 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Thank you so much Antoine for your feedback ! It really means a lot.