Gaelic Sports

Gaelic Sports

Author
Posted Thu 22 Feb 2024 10:07 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 22 Feb 2024 10:43 AM Visits: 3
I would like to combine a trip to Dublin with attending a match at the highest level of Gaelic Football. I see the game is being played in a stadium in Croke Park. When are those matches and is it possible to get tickets as an outsider? Greetings Mark.

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 22 Feb 2024 3:14 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Fri 3 May 2024 11:48 AM Visits: 669
Hi Mark,

It's good that you have plans to watch a gaelic football match during your visit to Dublin.

Croke Park is the national stadium of the Gaelic Athletic Association and, with a capacity of more than 83,000, is the largest stadium for any sport on the island of Ireland. It's a great place to watch both gaelic football and hurling matches throughout the year.

From now until August there will be regular matches taking place at Croke Park, typically intercounty matches that will attract large crowds. You can see the fixture calendar for matches scheduled to be held at Croke Park on their website.

These are an even mix of gaelic football and hurling matches. While both are wonderful to watch live, in my opinion there is nothing that can compare to the speed and excitement of a hurling match.

You can purchase tickets for matches at Croke Park here and learn more about the process of doing so here.

Regards,
Eoin