Traveling with young kids (3,5 and 1,5 years old) - looking for recommendations

Traveling with young kids (3,5 and 1,5 years old) - looking for...

Author
Posted Fri 23 Feb 2024 9:00 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 23 Feb 2024 8:57 AM Visits: 2
Hello,
I lived in Dublin when I was younger and I miss Ireland terribly. I would like to visit this summer but we have two young kids who can't walk too long and get car sick ! Can anyone recommend places that are great to visit with young kids ? Ideally looking to travel by train/plane and not spend too much time in cars, and then set base for a few days in the same spot to visit around. Really looking to spend time in the nature as we live in a big city. We would ideally spend 8-10 days in Ireland. Any kid friendly activities / hotels / accessible places to visit are appreciated. Many thanks!

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 23 Feb 2024 1:19 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (360 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:43 PM Visits: 668
Hi Sandra,

It's great that you are planning to pay a return visit to Ireland and bring along your two young kids. There are actually a few very handy Community posts that I would like to point you in the direction of, as I think they'll give you lots of ideas for things to do. These include:

- Family Activities on the Island of Ireland
- Five Days Outside Dublin With Child-Friendly Activities
- Travelling With Children

In addition, our website is a great resource and I would encourage you to check out our Things to Do page and Trip Ideas page for inspiration. You can also learn more about public transport and accommodation options.

Regards,
Eoin