Regulations for 4 wheel drive

Regulations for 4 wheel drive

Author
Posted Fri 8 Mar 2024 5:53 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 8 Mar 2024 5:54 PM Visits: 56
Hie
I'm going to travel to Ireland next June
What are the regulations in Ireland regarding 4 wheel drive vehicles on roads open to traffic?
Is it possible to travel on unpaved roads?
Thanks, best regards
Denis

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 9 Mar 2024 7:26 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Jul 2024 5:11 PM Visits: 28.1K
Hi Denis,

Nice to hear you're planning a trip to Ireland in June! ☀️

Are you referring to quad bikes or all-terrain vehicles? The Road Safety Authority of Ireland shares information and answers to frequently asked questions on the use of these vehicle types on their website, including the applicable laws for the use on public roads. I recommend reading this information thoroughly and getting in touch with the authority in case you have any remaining questions.

I hope this helps! What are you planning to see and do on your holiday?

Rebecca ☘️