Transit at LHR

Transit at LHR

Author
Posted Mon 25 Mar 2024 2:58 AM
View Quick Profile
Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 25 Mar 2024 2:57 AM Visits: 2
Plan to visit Ireland in June from Japan. Our flight will arrive at LHR early morning and take a flight to Dublin (Aer Lingus or BA). How long will it take for transit at LHR? One hour for entry and another hour picking up luggage and some extra hours. Appreciate any advice.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 25 Mar 2024 8:52 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 11 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Hi there! 

That's amazing that you are coming over from the Land of the Rising Sun! 

I'm not really familiar with connection times at London Heathrow, but I would suggest allowing time between both flights (at least a few hours), especially if you fly different airlines and have to collect your luggage and check it again. Connection times can vary (potential outbound delays, security and immigration checks for instance). Since you arrive in London early morning, I would book a flight to Dublin in the early afternoon if you can.

Now, do you already have plans and ideas of places to visit in Ireland? Let me know if you need any suggestions. Our trip ideas page is a great place to start planning your journey.

Talk soon,
Antoine