Looking for a map.

Looking for a map.

Author
Posted Tue 26 Mar 2024 5:47 PM
View Quick Profile
Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 27 Mar 2024 8:55 AM Visits: 176
Dear Sir, dear Madam,

I already saw this list of cycling routes in Ireland on "Cycling Ireland" but I was wondering if there was a map with all of these cycling routes visible on it ? For example, just like in France on the website "France vélo tourisme" or Europe for the Eurovelo. 
I'm asking because with such a map, it would be much easier for me to plan my trip in Ireland next summer. 
In all cases, thanks a lot for your help and your time.
Kind regards.
Sixte de Richoufftz
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 27 Mar 2024 6:45 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 10:59 AM Visits: 76.1K
Bonjour Sixte ! 

How nice that you are planning to tour Ireland by bike this summer! 🚲

As you said, the route finder of Cycling Ireland has a few trails to choose from, but I would particularly recommend Sport Ireland, which has a map similar to what France Vélo Tourisme has and even lets you download the GPX files of the cycling routes (in case you'd like to use them with a navigation app that accepts such files).

In addition, I'd have a look at local tourism boards of the areas you are looking to visit (they may have physical or digital maps of their greenways and cycling trails). We even have pages about cycling in Ireland and greenways to get you inspired.

Are you already set on a specific itinerary? How long will you be here bike-packing for and have you thought about B&B's or campsites to stay the night? 

A bientôt,
Antoine

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 27 Mar 2024 7:43 AM
View Quick Profile
Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 27 Mar 2024 8:55 AM Visits: 176
Thanks a lot Antoine for your answers.
I didn't already choose my itinerary. I think my friends and I will bike almost 5 days in Ireland, nothing is sure at this stage.
Thanks again for the tips, it will help us to fix the road we'll choose. 

A bientôt.
Sixte
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 27 Mar 2024 7:49 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 10:59 AM Visits: 76.1K
Always happy to help, Sixte! 

You can do a nice little trip in 5 days (I would personally stick to one region and take the slow road since you have bikes). Let us know if you need any more tips until then. For instance, you may want to look into carrying your bike on the train.

Bonne journée,
Antoine