Getting to Slane Whiskey Distillery from Dublin

Getting to Slane Whiskey Distillery from Dublin

Author
Posted Wed 27 Mar 2024 10:57 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 29 Mar 2024 4:41 PM Visits: 5
We will be visiting Dublin this summer and want to get to Slane Whiskey Distillery from Dublin City Centre. Unfortunately, we won't have the hired car on the day we want to go. From what I understand, Uber is available, but only as a means to book a taxi. Is that correct?

I am considering taking the bus from near Wynn's Hotel, but trying to find out what the fare would be is confusing. I'm able to plan the journey, but am lost when it comes to finding the fare. Looks like it's the #980 bus to Chapel Street in Slane. 

Can anyone help direct me to where I can find the fare? Thanks! 
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 28 Mar 2024 10:09 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:52 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Mike,

Lovely to hear that you will be over with us in the summer and looking to go visit Slane distillery!

The best route is indeed the 980 service by Collins Coaches. They have information on the fares, timetables, and a contact page so you can get in touch with them if you wish. An adult return is looking like €17, but please confirm this with them directly. 🚌

Transport for Ireland has a handy journey planner that you can use to find transport options and also look at the taxi fare price guide. The journey from Dublin to Slane is just under an hour so would be quite expensive compared to the bus. Once in Slane, it's about a 20 minute walk from Chapel Street.

Hopefully, this helps and you have a great day. Please let us know how the journey and day goes as well as the rest of your time with us.

Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 28 Mar 2024 3:59 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 29 Mar 2024 4:41 PM Visits: 5
Hi Martin,

Thanks SO much for the prompt reply to my post. You've provided great information that I will use to plan my journey to Slane. 

Enjoy the rest of your week. See you in August!

Mike
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 29 Mar 2024 4:17 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Tue 30 Apr 2024 11:53 PM Visits: 26.2K
Hi Mike,

How great to see that Martin's advice was helpful for your planning! 💚 Don't hesitate to get back to us if any further questions come up!

Have a great time in Dublin! ☘️

Rebecca