Digital nomad in Cork looking for a digital hub and a pub where I can work some nights

Digital nomad in Cork looking for a digital hub and a pub where I can...

Author
Posted Wed 3 Apr 2024 10:45 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 8 Apr 2024 1:00 PM Visits: 12
Hi all,
I'm Salvo, from sicily, and I fell in love with Ireland from the first moment I visited, in 2018 for St. Patrick's Day.
I have decided that I would like to try working and living in Ireland for some time so I will be in Cork from April 14 to 22.
I already have a job, I am an IT consultant for an italian company and in this week I'll work as digital nomad from Cork.
My idea is to find a company to work from Ireland or from Italy travelling in hybrid mode. Every suggestion or hint is appreciated, do you know any digital hub or do you have any IT Consulting opportunities? :P
In the evenings I would like to try the experience of working in a pub, tapping beers, learning English and understanding how a pub really works; who knows, maybe in the future I might decide to open an irish pub in Italy.:w00t:
Would anyone be able to recommend or point me to a pub in Cork where I could ask to work a few hours a night and help out?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Ci vediamo a Cork ;)

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 8 Apr 2024 11:24 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 20
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Thu 25 Apr 2024 11:57 AM Visits: 11.2K
Ciao Salvo!

Welcome to our Community and sorry for the delay in getting back to you! 😊

It's so exciting to hear that you're planning to spend some time in Cork working and trying to make some good connections! 😀

Ireland is a perfect destination for digital nomads and I hope you'll also have some spare time to spend exploring the City of Cork and its surroundings.

Take a look at this article from our website to know more about digital hubs in Ireland and more useful information for digital nomads. 💻

As for working in a pub, I think that the best way to find a job is to visit pubs in person once you're here and ask the owners if they are looking for employees. Here you can find a list of Cork's bar and restaurants. 

For a listing of available positions with Tourism Ireland, please keep an eye on our Careers website. We also recommend that you take a look at the Ibec Global Graduates page, they offer internship programs in companies all over the world and they also work with us.

I can't wait to hear how your adventure in Ireland is going, keep us posted! 

Scrivici pure in Italiano se lo preferisci, buona giornata, 

Valentina
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 8 Apr 2024 1:04 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 8 Apr 2024 1:00 PM Visits: 12
Ciao Valentina,
grazie mille per la risposta e per la disponibilità di parlare in italiano :-) I think it's better to continue in English so I can try to improve my English skills and also other people can read and use this post if they need help :-)
  • no available positions with Tourism Ireland :-(
  • Ibec Global Graduates page doesn't allow to apply

In general thank you very much for your suggestions, your answer is very useful and I appreciate it a lot!
I'll keep you update and in case I'll ask you something else :-)

Are you Italian also? Do you work for Tourism Ireland?

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 9 Apr 2024 9:46 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Sat 27 Apr 2024 11:05 AM Visits: 623
Hi Salvo!

I appreciate your efforts to improve your English skills, and I'm happy to continue in English. 😄

Glad that you found these suggestions helpful, and we are here to assist you further whenever you need.

Regarding your question, we are part of a team of Ireland experts located on the island and in countries like Italy, dedicated to promoting the beauty and attractions of Ireland.

For future opportunities with Tourism Ireland, I recommend keeping an eye on our employment page, where new positions may become available.
You can also take a look at the Citizens Information website and their section dedicated to finding work in Ireland.

I wish you the best of luck with your job! ☘️