Public Transportation help for traveling around Ireland in a few weeks

Public Transportation help for traveling around Ireland in a few weeks...

Author
Posted Wed 10 Apr 2024 2:36 PM
View Quick Profile
Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 10 Apr 2024 2:37 PM Visits: 2
Hi, 

My girlfriend and I will be traveling to Ireland in the beginning of May and have opted to walk and use public transportation to get around. We fly into Dublin. From there I have us taking the bus from the airport to the Dublin Heuston train station. From there we take the train to the Cork (Kent) train station. Our first place to stay is in the Dunworley Beach area. How could we get from Cork (Kent) train station to the Dunworley Beach area? Should we first travel to Clonakilty and then to Dunworley? 

A few days later, we have a train to catch that takes us from Cork to Galway via train. How should we get from Dunworley Beach area back to Cork? 

Thank you very much for the help, 

Andrew
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 10 Apr 2024 3:53 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (362 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (362 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (362 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (362 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (362 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (362 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (362 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (362 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (362 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 1:25 PM Visits: 673
Hi Andrew,

It's good to hear that you and your girlfriend are planning a trip to Ireland. Certainly, using public transport is a great way to get around Ireland.

I would say that the best way to get from Cork City to Dunworley Beach would be to take a bus from St. Patrick's Quay (which is a 10 minute walk from Cork Kent Station) to Ballinascarthy, Clonakilty and then take a taxi the rest of the way.

As for getting back to Cork City from Dunworley Beach, a taxi to Clonakilty and a bus from there to Grand Parade looks to be the best option.

Regards,
Eoin