Clonakilty

Clonakilty

Author
Posted Mon 29 Apr 2024 10:43 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 13 May 2024 9:58 AM Visits: 218
We were looking to plan a trip to Clonakilty in February 2025 but unfortunately we cannot find any hotel accommodation available. What is on over the weekend of 21st to 24th February next year that has resulted in no accommodation being available?
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 30 Apr 2024 11:46 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Tue 20 Aug 2024 7:38 PM Visits: 28.9K
Hello,

What a lovely idea to pay Clonakilty a visit next year!

I am not aware of any events around the dates you mentioned and was not able to find any online. Since the dates are still quite far in the future, I imagine it could be that accommodation providers have not yet released these dates in their online booking systems. Another possibility would be that some might close their doors entirely for a time during this quieter season, for refurbishments, holidays or else. I would recommend you get in touch directly with a number of hotels you would be interested in, and inquire about availabilities in February. Most hotels provide email addresses or contact forms on their website.

This accommodation finder can help you locate suitable accommodation in the area. If you scroll down to the middle of the page, you'll see a green button that allows you to set several filters of your choice. I have already selected County Cork for you, and you can add more according to your preferences. The search results will contain links to the accommodation website which you can follow to obtain contact details. Should you be interested in Bed & Breakfast accommodation as an alternative, B&B Ireland would be a useful website too.

I hope this helps! 😊 Are you planning to visit Clonakilty as part of a longer trip, or are you specifically interested in the town itself?

Best wishes,
Rebecca ☘️
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 13 May 2024 9:58 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 13 May 2024 9:58 AM Visits: 218
Thanks Rebecca for the really helpful reply. I'll follow your advice and email the hotels directly.
Having regard to your final sentence, we're mainly looking to spend some time in Clonakility and hopefully explore the nearby area.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 14 May 2024 12:57 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Tue 20 Aug 2024 7:38 PM Visits: 28.9K
I'm glad I was able to help! 💚 I hope you'll find a cosy accommodation soon!

In case you're looking for some recommendations in the area, there are some tips in the article about West Cork I shared previously - maybe some of these will be of interest to you! Clonakilty has some amazing beaches such as Inchydoney Island, Duneen Beach and Red Strand. The West Cork Model Railway Village is certainly worth a visit, as is Clonakilty Distillery. You can find further suggestions on this website.

Best wishes
Rebecca ☀️