Dublin In a week

Dublin In a week

Author
Posted Wed 12 Jun 2024 6:16 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 12 Jun 2024 6:17 AM Visits: 5
Hello 
I would like to know if there is enough to visit in Dublin for a week. 
For your information, I will be there from September 3rd to September 11th 
Thank you for your answers
Florent  

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 12 Jun 2024 8:24 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 30
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 1:57 PM Visits: 77K
Bonjour Florent,

Welcome to our Community and I'l delighted that you'll be in Dublin at the end of the summer.

For me, there's plenty to do in Dublin and surroundings in 7 days if you are staying in the city. You can already take 2-3 days to explore the city itself, then take convenient day trips to the neighboring coastal villages, the Wicklow Mountains or Kilkenny for instance.

Have you booked accommodation in Dublin already and is there something that you may want to see further away? 
If you have the time and want to go further (to Connemara, the Cliffs of Moher or the Giant's Causeway for instance), you could also go on day tour from Dublin with a local tour-operator. We have some of them listed here

Let me know your thoughts! 

A bientôt,
Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 12 Jun 2024 7:07 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (295 reputation)Community Expert (295 reputation)Community Expert (295 reputation)Community Expert (295 reputation)Community Expert (295 reputation)Community Expert (295 reputation)Community Expert (295 reputation)Community Expert (295 reputation)Community Expert (295 reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 8:14 PM Visits: 5K
Hello Florent,

It's great to hear you'll be visiting Dublin later this year! 

Dublin is one of those cities that once you start to scratch the surface, you'll find plenty of interesting spots and neighbourhoods to explore. After having ticked off these top sights, a great way of getting to know Dublin is by wandering around the city's different quarters and districts. Situated to the south-west of the city centre, The Liberties area which was once authentic 'Old Dublin' is now a lively and fun corner of the city (and home to the Guinness Storehouse) and one which I would definitely recommend exploring! 

The city is also full of amazing places to eat and of course even more fun pubs. There's a great overview here of Dublin pubs where you can also see some traditional Irish music for a great night out!  

I hope that helps with the planning!

Alex