Sheepdog Demonstration

Sheepdog Demonstration

Author
Posted Sun 7 Jul 2024 12:34 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Jul 2024 1:08 PM Visits: 2
Hello, I am looking for a trip to a sheepdog demonstration from Dublin with transportation included. I just can find information about the visit to the farm (we do not have a car), or a full day tour that include other spots. This is too long and too much bus travelling. I am just interested in doing the sheepdog demonstration. Would you have any recommendation to do it? Do you know of any company? Or would be possible to get to any farm by public transportation?
We would like to do it tomorrow.
Thank you.
Ruth
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 8 Jul 2024 8:30 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (382 reputation)Community Expert (382 reputation)Community Expert (382 reputation)Community Expert (382 reputation)Community Expert (382 reputation)Community Expert (382 reputation)Community Expert (382 reputation)Community Expert (382 reputation)Community Expert (382 reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Tue 3 Sep 2024 9:28 AM Visits: 3.1K
Hi Ruth,

It is great to hear you are looking to enjoy a Working Sheepdog demonstration. 

There is an Irish Working Sheepdogs experience in Ballybaught, County Kildare. I would firstly contact Michael and see if any spots are available for the live demonstration. 

You can get the train directly from Dublin Heuston that stops in Athy which runs every hour. For the latest schedules, ticket prices, and more information, you can visit the Irish Rail website. From the train station at Athy, you can get a a taxi to the farm or arrange transportation with the organizers. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and I would be happy to answer. 

Cathaoir