What kind of clothes to put in my suitcase

What kind of clothes to put in my suitcase

Author
Posted Fri 12 Jul 2024 12:44 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 20 Jul 2024 6:35 PM Visits: 16
Hello everyone
I make a roundtrip in Ireland from July,21th to August 4th; we have booked a car and then B and B every day
We are my husband, myself and our daughter aged 8
We don't care about temperatures not too hot but I still wonder what to put in my suitcase?
What's the weather like in July? cold, mild, warm?
trousers only??? shorts also? I have a rain coat for everyone and some sweats, but can I wear t shirts? a dress?

Sorry if you find may question silly but I am so happy to visiting Ireland that I try to make by best to have an unforgettable trip!

Cheers 
BARBARA, France
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 14 Jul 2024 10:59 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 30
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:14 PM Visits: 77.2K
Bonjour Barbara,

How exciting that you are coming over to see us with your family! your question isn't silly at all!

Packing for Ireland isn't so difficult - in fact, I would suggest bringing clothes that are easy to layer up or down, as the weather can sometimes be unpredictable. I'd suggest t-shirts, long sleeves (sweat shirts),a  short as well as a raincoat, just in case. Do you plan on hiking with your family? A comfy pair of trainers is a must.

Personally I pack breathable clothes that I can easily remove and put in a backpack if it gets too warm and a rainjacket that folds on its own pocket. 

As for the weather in July, it is mild between 12 and 20 degrees. This page will give you forecasts for the next 10 days as well as more general information

To help you further, here's a handy packing video, a previous thread on packing as well as a checklist to help you finalize your trip.

A bientôt et d'ores et déjà un bon voyage,
Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 14 Jul 2024 6:27 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)
Thanks Antoine tu m'aides beaucoup!

Mes valises sont faites i have taken a little of everything thanks to your good advices....

I have a jeans 2 pairs of yoga trousers in coton, T shirts, and sweats with a hood.
We have a pair of sandals and a pair of good shoes
A rain coat for everyone
We don't plan to hike
I have reserved a sea trip to Skellig Island, I am so impatient!

I can see on your link that's the weather will be sunny 21°C, that's perfect for us!
I used to spending all my summers from 12 to 20 in a host family, learn and horse riding, marvelous

Thanks so much for your kindness

See you !

Barbara
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 15 Jul 2024 7:38 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)
Island of Ireland
I'm always happy to help, Barbara! 

Your packing list looks perfect to me and I bet the entire family is impatient to visit the Jedi island! (I hope you'll get to see puffins while you are here)

Sounds like you are pretty much set with the weather expectations as well - I was also thinking that you might find additional tips on this family activities thread we published a while ago. Any plans to go horse riding again? 

There's only one week to go before the trip now! I can sense your excitement already.

A bientôt,
Antoine

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 15 Jul 2024 7:49 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Hi Antoine!

For horse riding I have booked in Bray where I know well but unfortunately I have epilepsy and I made 2 crisis last week so I prefer not to ride.....I am pretty sad as you can think! But we'll still go and meet  the team of corse !

yes your advices helped me a lot ! I will read all of the tips it's very interesting for those who are a bit lost as us !

I finish my trip with 3 days in Dublin ( we are staying in a " apart city") and just before we are in Belfast, of course to visit Titanic and in the afternoon I have planned a taxi cab trip to visit " Les fresques de la Paix " with Mo, who is speaking French ( I have Guide du routard with me) I think it will be very moving for all of us! 

Oh yes I'd love too see puffins I love birds and nature!

Are you French? and live in Ireland? if yes, I am so proud that you speak with me in English, that means to me my langage is pretty good!

Have a very good day and week!

Barbara
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 15 Jul 2024 2:17 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Island of Ireland
Hi again Barbara!

I'm sorry to hear about your epilepsy crises but hey, safety first! I'm glad I was able to reassure you before your trip :) 

How nice that you'll do a Black Cab tour in Belfast! I have heard of Mo's tours (I suggested him to a few French visitors already as he's also a registered tour guide in Northern Ireland). I'm curious to know what you'll think of it.

Your English is great - and since you made the effort it only makes sense to reply in English (plus you are already practicing a week before going to Ireland). As for me, I'm based in France but have visited the island many times. We have team members in Ireland and in some European countries.

Let us know if you need anything else by July 21!

Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 15 Jul 2024 5:27 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Thanks so much

I'll tell you about Mo's Belfast tour and about the boat cruise to Skellig Island !

Looking forward to visiting your wonderful Ireland

Barbara