Ring of Kerry by bike

Ring of Kerry by bike

Author
Posted Thu 18 Jul 2024 8:56 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)Gaining Respect (112 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 18 Jul 2024 9:06 AM Visits: 4
Hello, I have a question, is it ok to do the ring of Kerry by bike in 4 days ? (I am a good biker)
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 18 Jul 2024 12:36 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 30
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:14 PM Visits: 77.2K
Bonjour Laure,

How nice that you want to cycle the ring of Kerry! I would say that four days is totally reasonable to cycle the loop. Some people do it by bus or by car on a single day so you shouldn't have issues doing it by bike in four. 

The Discover Ireland website has an overview of the cycling route to help you measure distances. They suggest a week but it can be done in 4 if you skip a part, especially if you are a good cyclist. I also found this alternative route covering parts of the Ring of Kerry (and Beara) along with cycling tips. 

Have you looked into accommodation for the three nights you'll spend on the peninsula? I hope these itineraries help already.

A bientôt,
Antoine