Michael Ryan & Bridget Barry- daughter Honora Ryan (b)1868/ Ringville-Co Waterford

Michael Ryan & Bridget Barry- daughter Honora Ryan (b)1868/...

Author
Posted Fri 22 Jul 2016 3:42 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Looking for Michael Ryan & Bridget Barry's family.  Their daughter, my 2 Great Grandmother was Honora Ryan, born in July 01, 1868 in Shanaclune, Ringville- Co Waterford.  Would love any sibling info, or any info on Michael Ryan's/Bridget Barry's family.

Thank you!
Nora (Nonie)
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 16 Mar 2018 10:35 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
HI Nonie,

I've just been doing research in the area on another family and there is a lot of information on the Barry / Ryan lines. Have you done a DNA test to pinpoint which family it is in the area as there are many! 

You can check your facts here at www.irishgenealogy.ie. You should be able to see what you need from there with a little research. 

Reach out if you get stuck. Happy Hunting!! It's addictive! 

Thank you,
Ginger
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 16 Mar 2018 4:54 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Derry~Londonderry
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 Apr 2024 4:36 PM Visits: 1.8K
Hi Nonie

You perhaps already know this but a search of Rootsireland http://www.rootsireland.ie  reveals that they hold details of a marriage of a Michael Ryan to Brigid Barry that took place in County Waterford in 1863.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 5 Apr 2018 4:14 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Wed 26 Jul 2023 11:55 AM Visits: 193
Hi Nonie, I've also found birth records of four of Honora's siblings also on www.rootsireland.ie 

Good luck with your research! 

Gillian, 
Research Officer, 
Ulster Historical Foundation
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 5 Apr 2018 5:14 PM
View Quick Profile
Ginger,  I have done the Ancestry.com DNA.  Not sure how it would pinpoint exact family line?  Thank you for all your help!  I really would like Michael Ryan & Honora  Barry parents names.  I think her mothers name was Mary Barry.  Is there a way to find out Honora's middle name also?

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 5 Apr 2018 9:00 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Nonie, 

Really the point of the DNA with Ancestry is to find your current cousins researching the same lines.  You can't really go much further with their testing.  Someone can jump in here and let me know if they think its' different, but with my own experience and some of my clients, it seems to be a bit hit/miss. You do make connections, it is just proving them is sometimes hard. 

With the FamilyTreeDNA you can dig a bit deeper by doing SNP (snips of DNA with others who have done theirs) and narrow it down and also see more of your Haplogroup (overall picture) and cousins from 1-7th generation, which would help you narrow the gap.  They have maps to track where others were and it does help add things AND eliminate them, and sometimes that is just as important.  It really depends on how much money you want to spend and how far back you want to go.  Sometimes it is enough to get a few generations and know where they were from in the country.  You can also join other projects.  You would still need a male person in your family to follow this lineage of Ryan. You still need the Big Y.   If you are only tracing your mother's side, it just goes on and on. 

Your Barry / Ryan marriage is witnessed by Thomas Clancy and Margaret Casey.  He is from Shanakil and she is from Knockanpower.  They were married in Shanakil.   I hope this helps. It would be a bit more digging for more. 

This is for your GGrandmother, Honora  HER MARK PRESENT AT BIRTHADDITIONAL INFORMATION:Place of birth: Shanaclune ring.Informant: Barry Mary*.Informant address: Shanaclune Ring.Registration Date: 3 JUL 1868.Registrar: Graves Richard.Register: RING BTH BK1.Union: Dungarvan.

This is Mary Ryan born 17  October 1865*   HER MARK PRESENT AT BIRTHADDITIONAL INFORMATION:Place of birth: Knockonpower lower.Informant: Barry Mary*.Informant address: Knockonpower Lower.Registration Date: 20 OCT 1865.Registrar: Graves Richard.Register: RING BTH BK1.Union: Dungarvan.

I think she has died at the age of 1 in 1867.    Customary to rename a dead child for the new child.  All it says is child of soldier and mother Mary Ryan. 

Then last another Mary  *HIS MARK FATHERADDITIONAL INFORMATION:Place of birth: Shanaclune.Informant: Ryan Michael*.Informant address: Shanaclune.Registration Date: 5 MAY 1871.Registrar: Graves Richard.Register: RING BTH BK 2.Union: Dungarvan.

I couldn't find any middle names etc.  Hope this all helps!  I wish the records were better kept, but alas they are not. 

Best wishes,
Ginger