This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

McPikes in Belfast

McPikes in Belfast

Author
Community Expert
Community Expert (14.7K reputation)Community Expert (14.7K reputation)Community Expert (14.7K reputation)Community Expert (14.7K reputation)Community Expert (14.7K reputation)Community Expert (14.7K reputation)Community Expert (14.7K reputation)Community Expert (14.7K reputation)Community Expert (14.7K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 7 Apr 2017 5:19 PM Visits: 101
Keep up with our expert sessions at https://www.facebook.com/IrelandFamilyHistory/

Question from Deb Beattie:
 I would love some help to find Catherine McPike of Belfast born. 1852 ( I think) she then travelled to new Zealand and married Henry Smith. I then have her in Australia having three children
henry (1873-)
william alfred (1876-)
Jane Fanny (1878-1940
I just don't know where to start looking for her in Ireland any help would be fantastic thank you! 

Answer from NLI Genealogy Advisory Service: 

The McPike name is associated with Co. Antrim and the name McPike is not a common name. Parish Registers have been digitised and can be sarched on www.findmypast.ie (subscription). They can also be viewed on www.registers.nli.ie. The marriage certificate of Catherine McPike and Henry Smith should also supply her father's name and may also record his address.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 2016 2:55 PM
Question