I want an easy Christmas. Where can I go in Ireland to find that 'get away from it all' feeling?

I want an easy Christmas. Where can I go in Ireland to find that 'get...

Author
Posted Wed 14 Dec 2016 1:49 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Winter in Ireland means long walks through frost-tipped woodland trails, sipping Irish coffee in a comfortable armchair and warming your toes by a cosy fireside. So if you’re lucky enough to be getting a trip to Ireland from Santa this year, make sure you love to relax!

There’s something truly indulgent about spending Christmas at a hotel, being waited on hand and foot. In Ireland, we are gifted with countless manor houses from another lifetime, filled with holiday merriment throughout December.

5-star Hayfield Manor in Cork is the picture-perfect Christmas card scene, with roaring open fireplaces, sweeping staircases and endless lights twinkling above the top hat of the jovial doorman. The ideal place to nod off over a glass of mulled wine…

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/14-12-2016/3371a44d-c65d-44b4-84ca-3159.jpg

Kilkenny’s Mount Juliet and Castle Durrow, County Laois, offer similar experiences of how the other half lives. If you’d rather strip away the hectic energy and get back to the basic joys of the holiday season, you can’t get much more beautiful than a lighthouse escape.

Galley Head in Cork, Blackhead in Antrim and St John’s Point in Down are each a literal escape from the hustle and bustle of a traditional celebration, allowing you to chill out in a unique setting with the people who really matter.

To immerse yourself in the season in our cities, you can’t get much better than live theatre. All over Ireland, the tradition of the Christmas pantomime is not to be missed: at Dublin’s Gaiety Theatre, Cork Opera House and the Belfast Waterfront, there is something truly special about joining in with the crowd and cast for an unforgettable theatrical experience!