This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Travelling alone

Travelling alone

Author
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)
Australia
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 3 Apr 2017 12:27 PM Visits: 29
Hello you all lovely Irish folk!
I was in Dublin for one week back in 2007....All a blur now but I loved the vibe and only had one week there. I did go to Kilkenny an stay in a Bed an breakfast; went through the Castle and many other touristy things. I am going back, will be there in April. I am traveling alone and am feeling somewhat nervous about being by myself this time. Can you suggest a tour that would be OK for a single woman to go onto..maybe a day here and there which is easy to get to from my Hotel If I stay in the Dublin City? I do love all the sight seeing, but it would be nice to have maybe a tour which I could be with  other tourists just on day trips etc...I might go to the Countryside and stay there for a couple of nights to get away from the hustle an bustle. Should I stay away from certain areas!! Have heaps of questions but just thought I would start by asking If I should look at certain tours and stay away from other tours etc. I would like to go to an Irish dancing show' seems better than being by myself in a pub. Any suggestions? Oh and if you're curious, I am 47.
cheers
Jude
Posted Wed 8 Mar 2017 11:14 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Thu 4 Jul 2019 2:12 PM Visits: 816
Hello, Judy!

Welcome to the Community!

It's been a while since you were in Dublin - It's great to hear that you are planning on visiting again!  

There are a great number of attractions to visit and tours to arrange during your visit here on the Emerald Isle.  Are there any in particular that you have in mind?  To name a couple there is Newgrange and the Hill of Tara, which can be arranged through Gray Line Tours, Day Tours Unplugged and Dublin, Differently to name a few.

If you're interested in tours within Dublin, depending on what you are interested in there is Dublin City Bike Tours, Sights of Dublin Day Tours as well as Dublin Discovered Boat Tours.  All of which guide you around and allow you to explore the beautiful city of Dublin.

If trying some great delicious food is something that interests you, then perhaps Delicious Dublin Tours to experience some of the best food Dublin has to offer.

You can also browse the attractions and activities that are available throughout Dublin, here.  There really is a wide variety of tours available to choose from.  If you have any in mind, do let us know.  Our Community members would also be happy to provide some great suggestions of their own to help you along the way!

I hope this helps. 

All the best,

Colin

Posted Wed 8 Mar 2017 1:52 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)Forum Guru (1.2K reputation)
Australia
Thanks Colin,
I will look at what you said. Appreciate your help.
Judy
Posted Wed 8 Mar 2017 2:18 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)Community Expert (42.4K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Thu 4 Jul 2019 2:12 PM Visits: 816
Hi Judy,

That's no problem at all.  Be sure to check back with us to let us know how your plans are coming along and let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Best,

Colin
Posted Thu 9 Mar 2017 2:25 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (1.2K reputation)Industry Member (1.2K reputation)Industry Member (1.2K reputation)Industry Member (1.2K reputation)Industry Member (1.2K reputation)Industry Member (1.2K reputation)Industry Member (1.2K reputation)Industry Member (1.2K reputation)Industry Member (1.2K reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 24 Mar 2017 2:16 PM Visits: 25
Hi Judy
I run canoe camping trips near Dublin on the river Boyne for either one or two nights suitable for beginners an exciting trip down this historic river.
Everything is supplied for you and can pick you up in Dublin at your lodgings
Ireland in General is very safe....
My website is ...maccadventure-ireland.com
Kind Regards,
Kieron

Posted Fri 10 Mar 2017 12:58 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (20.5K reputation)Industry Member (20.5K reputation)Industry Member (20.5K reputation)Industry Member (20.5K reputation)Industry Member (20.5K reputation)Industry Member (20.5K reputation)Industry Member (20.5K reputation)Industry Member (20.5K reputation)Industry Member (20.5K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Wed 17 Jul 2019 10:52 AM Visits: 272
Hello Jude,
Delighted to hear you are coming to Ireland this year, welcome back! Perhaps you might be interested in touring Ireland by rail?
We are Railtours Ireland and operate tours all over Ireland (everything from a 1 day tour to a 9 day tour). We regularly welcome solo travellers and can reserve single rooms in our partner hotels across the country. You are accompanied on all our tours by a Railtours host as well as other passengers so you will have plenty company! Check out our website https://railtoursireland.com/ for details of all our tours.
We would love to hear from you.
Thanks
Claire

Tags
Posted Fri 10 Mar 2017 1:48 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 15 Nov 2019 10:18 AM Visits: 252
Hi Jude,

lovely to hear your coming back to Ireland in April, maybe you would think about coming up to the Causeway Coast on your trip, my tour is suited for solo travellers, the train journey from Dublin to Coleraine in very nice and there is really good accommodation ranging from hostels to hotels here, it really would be worth an overnight stay and the locals are all very friendly.  Check out the tour on my website http://glenara-elite-travel.co.uk/north-coast-tour/

What dates will you be in Ireland?

Frances
Posted Fri 10 Mar 2017 2:50 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (5.1K reputation)Industry Member (5.1K reputation)Industry Member (5.1K reputation)Industry Member (5.1K reputation)Industry Member (5.1K reputation)Industry Member (5.1K reputation)Industry Member (5.1K reputation)Industry Member (5.1K reputation)Industry Member (5.1K reputation)
United States
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Mon 16 Oct 2017 2:13 PM Visits: 58
Jude,

Have no fear! :)  We may have the perfect tour option for you.  Our Singles Tour to Ireland is designed specifically for solo travelers. You’ll be provided with door-to-door transportation between towns, accommodations, a flexible itinerary and optional day tours & attractions – the perfect way to combine the structure you need, with the flexibility you want.  Choose to spend time with the group or take some time to explore on your own.  Please let us know if we can help!   travel@tenontours.com 
Posted Fri 10 Mar 2017 5:01 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru
Australia
Hi,
I will be in Dublin around 20th April....No flights confirmed as yet. I see your tours start in May? Do you have anything for say 3 days in April?
Cheers
Judy
Posted Sat 11 Mar 2017 2:26 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)Industry Member (13.8K reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 15 Nov 2019 10:18 AM Visits: 252
Hi Judy,

I have a tour going on Friday 21st if that would suit you.

Frances
Posted Sat 11 Mar 2017 9:00 AM
Question