Hobbins in Tipperary

Hobbins in Tipperary

Author
Posted Mon 13 Mar 2017 12:00 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Ireland Family History Expert Session with Findmypast.

We host Expert Sessions regularly on theFacebook page so keep an eye out for the next one!

Question from Zinfanbelle Hobbins: My ancestor was Patrick (Patt) Hobbins. I find records for him in the Annagh, Kilbarron, Tipperary area. wife Hanora (Owney) Gleeson. Records for several of his children were born in this area:Denis, Simon, John, Nora. The oldest, Denis, emigrates to Canada. I am looking for any clue as to where Patrick was born and/or where his ancestors came from. There is some speculation that they came to Ireland as military or police from England. There were 14 Hobbins in the area, how are they related?

Answer from Findmypast: We have come across some records for a Patrick Hobbins of Tipperary in our British Army Service Records collection. I would also recommend that you search for Patrick's marriage certificate which may give an indication of where he was from and his father's name.