Welcome to the ireland.com Community Guest Book!

Welcome to the ireland.com Community Guest Book!

Author
Posted Wed 19 Aug 2020 3:22 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Peter, 

What an amazing song, thanks so much for sharing this here!

I can definitely hear how much your family loves music, and I really enjoyed listening to this song in honour of your father's birthday. ❤️

Thanks again for sharing, and I hope we get to welcome you and your family to the Emerald Isle in the future. 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 19 Aug 2020 4:51 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thank you very much, Melin! We definitely look forward to someday visiting. Please feel free to share this music with your friends and family. I’m grateful for your reply!
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 25 Nov 2020 11:15 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hello all!
I am Paul, half British half Italian but I always lived in South America since I was a child.
I'm planning a year off from work next year (according to Covid) to travel around Europe and I really want spend good time in Ireland (about 1 month). Many friends have been there and I heard only amazing feedbacks. So please can you give me some advice on what I should see/do?
I am looking for not-turistic things to do, I love nature walking, trekking and outdoor sports. I will travel alone. What do you recommend me?

Thanks in advance :)
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 25 Nov 2020 1:24 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Hi Paul, 

Welcome to the Community, and thanks for introducing yourself here. :) It's great that you're thinking of visiting us when the time is right, and I'd love to help to put your itinerary together. 

Since you love walking and hiking, this thread will provide you with loads of ideas and inspiration. There's also a thread with all sorts of hidden gem recommendations here which I think you might like. 

Are there any places on the island in particular that you'd like to explore? You're also more than welcome to start your own thread where our members can reply with more personal tips and suggestions. :) 

Wishing you a lovely day, 

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 28 Nov 2020 10:43 AM
View Quick Profile
Hello Melin,
many thanks for your kind reply and your suggestions.
I had the chance to have a look at the threads you recommended me and I found them very useful, especially the hidden gems :w00t:
I feel even more convinced of spending time in Ireland now.
About your question, actually my first tought was to start from the South (I want to see Cliffs of Moher) going to the North. On my agenda there were: Killarney National Park and Ladies View, Mizen Head, Burren,  Dunguaire Castle, Moher and Doolin ... but I just realized I have to update them with many many others :)

I will go through the forum, and I will keep you update as soon as I create my roadmap. Can't tell you how much I appreciated your advice. Pls see this thank you card for your warm welcome :) 

https://www.leavingcard.com/gb/viewpdf/1606559996442SP5G1v9P6tnJ/xrslvr1606560152225.pdf

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 28 Nov 2020 8:39 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Paul,

What a beautiful reply! I'm sure that Melin feels incredibly touched by this wonderful card that you made for her. It's such a sweet way to show your appreciation, I must admit that I feel touched as well. 

So far, it looks like your itinerary is coming along beautifully! I'm always happy to see when someone is interested in visiting Killarney National Park. It's a stunning place to truly connect with the natural beauty of Ireland. I'd suggest making sure there's plenty of room on your camera because there's no shortage of views worth capturing in this park.

I'd be remiss to not also suggest exploring the Ring of Kerry, as well. Killarney is actually a part of the Ring, as well as other spots you might enjoy, like Ballycarbery Castle, Derrynane beach, and more. 

I truly hope this helps to inspire you more!

~Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 1 Dec 2020 4:33 PM
View Quick Profile
You are really kind.
 I will follow your recommendations.
Thanks

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 1 Dec 2020 5:12 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Island of Ireland
Hi Paul, 

Thanks so much for your lovely card! That's so kind of you! 

I'm happy to hear you're looking forward to your future trip to the Emerald Isle, and your itinerary looks great so far. :) If you're ever in need of more tips or suggestions, the Community is always here, so please don't hesitate to get in touch. 

Feel free to start your own thread as well if you have more questions or would like more insights from our other members. 

Thanks again, and happy planning! :) 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 3 Nov 2021 2:23 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (174 reputation)Community Member (174 reputation)Community Member (174 reputation)Community Member (174 reputation)Community Member (174 reputation)Community Member (174 reputation)Community Member (174 reputation)Community Member (174 reputation)Community Member (174 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 10
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 13 Jul 2022 10:38 PM Visits: 469
Hello!

Looking forward to getting in touch :)

Zolf.