Welcome to the ireland.com Community Guest Book!

Welcome to the ireland.com Community Guest Book!

Author
Posted Sat 23 Nov 2019 12:16 PM
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 18
Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 26 Feb 2022 1:58 PM Visits: 60
Hi Everyone,

I'm Jennifer (aka Dr. J), a part-time travel blogger and full time project manager working at one of the big tech companies in Dublin. I'm an American expat currently based in Dublin. I originally moved to Dublin for a one year assignment and I'm still here 10 years later. I love living in Ireland and joined this community to share my experience and advice both about things to do in Dublin and what to do around Ireland more broadly.

You may be interested in the following posts that I've written based on my experience living in Dublin:

23 Ways to Do Dublin in a Day - Dublin itineraries that you can mix and match to cover the amount of time you have in our fair city.
The Best Places in Ireland to Visit by Train from Dublin - Advice on places that you can easily get to in Ireland without hiring a car.

Cheers,
Jennifer (aka Dr. J)
Sidewalk Safari Travel Blog
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 24 Nov 2019 2:28 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Jennifer, 

Welcome, and thanks so much for introducing yourself here on the Community! :) It's great that you've been living in Dublin for 10 whole years already, and I think your tips will be super helpful for other members planning their trips. 

Feel free to jump in on other peoples questions or start your own threads with your experiences and information. 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 25 Nov 2019 6:59 AM
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)
Ireland
Will do. Thank you for the warm welcome! Looking forward to contributing to the community.

Best wishes, 
Jennifer (aka Dr. J)
Sidewalk Safari
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 25 Nov 2019 9:13 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/25-11-2019/45576cb2-feee-432f-8af6-8a32.gif
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 10 Jul 2020 4:48 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I would like help to source paper serviettes depicting Ireland for an art project please. Famous people / actors from Ireland, famous buildings, places, Vintage pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated- I can’t find anything on the internet. Thank you Claire
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 10 Jul 2020 6:03 AM
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru
Ireland
I created some merchandise (including serviettes!) featuring doors of Dublin. This may not be exactly what you are looking for (and they are relatively expensive for a napkin!) but sharing the link in case it's of interest. It is also possible to put other images on a serviette on Zazzle. I originally went to Zazzle because I wanted a mug featuring my photos of doors of Dublin for personal use.

Hope that helps!

Jennifer

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 10 Jul 2020 7:18 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Thank you so much Jennifer for your helpful advice. I’ve had a look on Zazzle and as you say they are very expensive so I will need to carry on looking. I was hoping to source something a bit cheaper but I love your doors! 😊
Thanks again- Claire
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 10 Jul 2020 10:25 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Claire, 

This sounds like such a wonderful project! What was the inspiration behind it, and have you ever visited the Emerald Isle before?

I've had a search myself, but was only able to find paper napkins with images of Northern Irish scenes on the following page.

You've already received some helpful tips from Jennifer, and I hope you'll be able to find what you're looking for for your art project! Feel free to share your art of Ireland here, as we would love to see it! :)

Warm regards, 

Melin

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 10 Jul 2020 11:51 AM
View Quick Profile
Thank you very much Melin for your reply and useful link. Best wishes Claire
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 19 Aug 2020 11:47 AM
View Quick Profile
Hello everyone!This year marked my Dad’s 65th birthday. In honor of his birthday, my Mom asked me to compose a piece of music that represents his life. My entire family LOVES Irish music and Celtic culture, and so I decided to feature a couple of well-known Irish instruments (I am sure you can guess which one carries the final motif!)Please enjoy “Father’s Legacy” for yourself via this YouTube link: https://youtu.be/vIpwlUGysB4You can also follow me via Bandcamp to hear more of my work at www.petercouncell.bandcamp.com or follow me on Spotify by clicking here: https://open.spotify.com/artist/3UfCR6dFzr1p7FcQAB6K8U?si=BLzC-MJtS6W8P1ilMTUByQSomeday, my wife and I would love to take our kids to Ireland. We’ve always wanted to go! Someday...https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/19-08-2020/7a033045-97c3-49a9-9240-acc.jpeg