This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Travel to Ireland May 12 to the 22 - have rented a house in Kildare for 20 family

Travel to Ireland May 12 to the 22 - have rented a house in Kildare...

Author
I'm into this
I'm into this (359 reputation)I'm into this (359 reputation)I'm into this (359 reputation)I'm into this (359 reputation)I'm into this (359 reputation)I'm into this (359 reputation)I'm into this (359 reputation)I'm into this (359 reputation)I'm into this (359 reputation)
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 9 Feb 2016 5:02 PM Visits: 3
We are a family of about 21 who will be visiting Ireland.  We want to take day trips and think that a tour guide and a "van or bus" would be a great way to do it. We are looking for suggestions as to what are places and sights that are a must to see. We will appreciate any help that you can give us as to how to find a guide and to decide on itineraries that will be memorable for us.
We also would like to hire a local person to cook our evening meals for us. How do we find individuals that are available?
Thank you so much for your help and advice.
Posted Tue 9 Feb 2016 5:03 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 10 Nov 2016 1:32 PM Visits: 906
Kildare is the ideal destination for an Irish break. :)
You can arrange with local tour operators excursions to different attractions in Ireland. County Kildare is indeed home to the famous Irish National Stud, the world-famous Japanese Gardens and many other beautiful places. I made a personal scrapbook for you with some of the attractions you can visit, travel advice, recommended trips and more. I hope it helps. :) https://goo.gl/sUjqIv
Tags
Posted Tue 9 Feb 2016 7:34 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (11.7K reputation)Industry Member (11.7K reputation)Industry Member (11.7K reputation)Industry Member (11.7K reputation)Industry Member (11.7K reputation)Industry Member (11.7K reputation)Industry Member (11.7K reputation)Industry Member (11.7K reputation)Industry Member (11.7K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 10 May 2019 2:05 PM Visits: 174
Hi Deborah, that sounds like a great trip. I can help you organise day trips for your family. I'm from Hello Ireland Tours, we are an incoming tour operator, we can organise your itineraries, book transport and guides as well as visitor attractions. Email me on sandra@helloireland.com and I'll put some ideas and prices together for you. Let me know if you have any special interests, if there are any children and what ages they are. I know I've gotten a chef for my 40th party on www.gumtree.ie so you could try there but if you let me know where you are staying, I can ask around that area too. Sandra.
Posted Thu 11 Feb 2016 10:19 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (244 reputation)Industry Member (244 reputation)Industry Member (244 reputation)Industry Member (244 reputation)Industry Member (244 reputation)Industry Member (244 reputation)Industry Member (244 reputation)Industry Member (244 reputation)Industry Member (244 reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 18 Feb 2016 10:21 AM Visits: 30
Hi Deborah,

This is Tracey here, tour manager from Rice Coaches.  We are a coach operator based in county Monaghan.  We have experience in taking groups around Ireland, customising each itinerary to suit their needs.  As you have stated you are renting a house in Kildare.  I would suggest you contact local coach operators in the area who can take you on day tours and return to Kildare.  Bartons of Maynooth is an example of a coach operator who may be able to help you.  

I hope you enjoy your trip to Ireland and if I can help in any other way please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Tracey
Rice Coaches
Posted Thu 11 Feb 2016 3:38 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (11.1K reputation)Supreme Being (11.1K reputation)Supreme Being (11.1K reputation)Supreme Being (11.1K reputation)Supreme Being (11.1K reputation)Supreme Being (11.1K reputation)Supreme Being (11.1K reputation)Supreme Being (11.1K reputation)Supreme Being (11.1K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 30 Aug 2016 8:20 AM Visits: 246
There are several great options for you here already Deborah, but I've had a couple extra ideas, that I hope you might enjoy, so I figured I'd share them all the same. ;)

Now, you could hire a “chauffeur” service, where you hire the van/bus and driver all at the same place. These companies specialize in private tours of the island and would be able to create excellent itineraries for you. Some of my personal suggestions include: Ireland Chauffeur Travel, All Ireland Chauffeur Tours and 365 Chauffeur Drive. There are also two bus companies that I like to recommend, who offer private bus and driver hire as well, such as the great guys over at Paddywagon Tours and the lovely drivers of Ireland's own national bus service, Bus Éireann. :)

Alternatively, you could check out the rental car companies on the website of the Car Rental Council of Ireland, to rent a bus or van yourself (please make sure to check whether you need a specialized license of a vehicle of that size on the citizens information website) and then you could hire a private guide to come along for the ride and guide your tour. You can find certified tour guides on the website Approved Tour Guides of Ireland.

I really hope this helps! :D
Posted Thu 11 Feb 2016 7:43 PM
Question