What should I pack when I visit Ireland?

What should I pack when I visit Ireland?

Author
Posted Tue 16 May 2017 1:11 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
As anyone who has visited Ireland knows, the weather is never a guarantee, and could change at a moment’s notice – we often say we get all four seasons in a day! So what should you pack when you visit? 

1. Fit out your feet

Start with the essentials – this little island is perfect to explore on foot, so bring comfy shoes with you for walking. If you’re planning on stepping off the beaten track, make sure to pack hiking boots too – the terrain can get rocky! 

2. Layer up

Layers are essential in Ireland – make sure you keep a sweater with you to stay warm in spring and winter. And even if the weather looks sunny and bright, bring a raincoat – you don’t want to get caught in a downpour! An umbrella is a good idea as well, and easily packed in your bag. 
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/16-05-2017/0b241d9f-603e-4c0d-976e-fe1a.jpg

3. Sun safety

If you’re planning to visit during the summer months, make sure to grab some sunscreen – while Ireland isn’t as hot as some places, the sun can still easily burn if you’re not careful.

4. Don’t forget

And finally, don’t forget the essentials – a plug adaptor if you need it; the two currencies used on the island of Ireland(sterling is used in Northern Ireland, and euro elsewhere); and a camera, so you can record all of the memories you’ll make while you’re here!