Ferry

Ferry

Author
Posted Tue 5 Sep 2017 12:08 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello Simona,

I wanted to check with you about how your overall trip to Ireland went?  Your itinerary was very well organised and I am curious if you managed to get everything ticked off your list.  

Feel free to share your thoughts and highlights, the community and I love hearing all about visitors experiences to the Emerald Isle and your itinerary was jam-packed with lots of exploration, so hopefully, you had a wonderful time!

Best,

Colin
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 5 Sep 2017 9:16 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hello Colin, glad to hear from you. My trip was almost perfect. Belfast was a nice surprise, we walked through the city centre, visited the Titanic Museum that was the best visit of the city. I strongly recommend it, not to be done in a hurry. Then among the topics, I cross Carrick-a-rede, walk on the Giants Causeway, climbed Malin Head and the Slieve Leagues, walked through the Dark Hedges, crossed the sea on the ferry to reach Inishowen peninsula, reached the top of Fanad Head. I drove through Glenveagh National Park and was surprised by discovering the castle and the gardens in the middle of it and where I had the opportunity to hold on my arm a barn owl. Then I stopped at Tullan Strand, wonderful! The weather was cloudy, a bit rainy but the water was full of surfers. Then Donegal, Sligo and then straight to Warrenpoint as the rain that day was particularly insisting... i experienced the 2 sites of Newgrange and Knowth, what a silence! Very peaceful sites. A short stop on Drogheda for the night then returned the car at the airport and finished the last 24 hours in Dublin. Here I made an overall visit with the city sightseeing bus as a reminder, I had visited Dublin 8 years ago and found it much more busy. Last night spent at a celtic show with dinner, songs and dance. Last day spent in the second best visit of the Whole itinerary, at the Guinnes Storehouse, 3 hours and a half, this visit  Worth every penny. and Guinnes there is much better than the one we drink here in Italy. And this is the end. Only one stop was disappointing, I would say terrible and it was the Sligo Folk Museum. It seems that they forgot to clean and maintain it years ago. I found so many local beers, really tasty. I long for going back now ...

All the best,
Simona

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 11 Sep 2017 3:22 PM
View Quick Profile
Hello, Simona.

This is super impressive to hear!  It really does sound like you got to experience so much around our wee island and that could be down to your incredibly well-organised itinerary!  

If you would like, you are very welcome to create a new thread and share your overall itinerary with us.  You could also share some photographs with us if you managed to snap up any throughout your trip.  I would love to hear and see more and I am sure others would too.

It would be really great to hear about any ideas or suggestions you may also have for others considering a trip to Ireland in the future - it could prove very helpful!

Thanks again for taking the time to share some of your highlights with us already.

Best wishes,

Colin