I’ve heard a golf trip to Ireland is pretty special, why’s that?

I’ve heard a golf trip to Ireland is pretty special, why’s that?

Author
Posted Tue 27 Jun 2017 2:34 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Legendary courses, world-class champions, no membership required for entry into top courses and a friendliness that knows no boundaries. All this in one little island.

Legendary is a pretty big word in golf circles, but when you see the combination of challenging links (a quarter of the world’s links are right here!), gorgeous parkland greens,stunning scenery and brilliant, easily accessible off-course activities, it’s no wonder people think golf here is pretty special! 
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/27-06-2017/7ce8ccdc-63b9-4488-890d-5dcd.jpg

Tee off at one of Rory McIlroy’s favourite courses. Royal Portrush in County Antrim, and get a flavour of the action that will be happening there during the Open 2019; taste the salt on your lips at Portstewart Golf Club, host of the Irish Open 2017; indulge your game at the Old Head Golf Links in Kinsale – “WOW,” was all Tiger Woods could say as the early morning fog cleared at the 15th; challenge yourself at Royal Country Down Golf Club, favoured by Golf Digest as their number one in the world; or tackle that Atlantic wind at Lahinch Golf Club – a place that Phil Mickelson forged some of his fondest golfing memories.  

The fun isn’t just confined to the fairways, either… head off from these magnificent courses and explore the Causeway Coastal Route, take to the Wild Atlantic Way, explore the stories from Ireland’s Ancient East or get to know our cities with their 100,000 welcomes! 
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 27 Jun 2017 4:08 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi,

Sammy couldn't have said it any better, if you need any help in organizing a trip please don't hesitate to contact me frances@glenara-elite-travel.co.uk
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 Nov 2022 9:56 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 3
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 11 Nov 2022 9:18 AM Visits: 8
The golf courses in Ireland are on some of the most breath-taking scenery you can imagine. For instance, The Old Head of Kinsale is set on a  magnificent headland, jutting out over 2 miles into the Atlantic Ocean,  It is both exhilarating and challenging to play, 300 feet above the Atlantic Ocean, where winds, seagulls, and crashing waves compete in haunting sounds that will leave you speechless.   Take extra golf balls, as you may lose a few to the fish below!
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 11 Nov 2022 9:10 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Frances, thanks for joining us and taking part in the conversation. I love it!

I never tried Golfing, but you seriously have me dreaming of it now.