holiday for 4 adults and 4 kids in December

holiday for 4 adults and 4 kids in December

Author
Posted Wed 26 Jul 2017 11:05 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:52 PM Visits: 76K
We are planning in December a trip to Ireland with friends, now I've checked the car rental, do you know a good car rental and is it cheaper if we book it online or directly when we arrive in Ireland? Maybe you also know a nice place to stay somewhere in Ireland? It should be a house, because we are 4 adults and 4 Kids (5, 4, 1 years and 6 month). Some nice ones I have already seen at Airbnb. I think we will have 2 to 3 places we stay, so we can make a few trips. I have no particular preference on where we should stay, but it is winter, so need to bear that in mind.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 26 Jul 2017 11:21 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Good morning Fairouz,

Lovely - December is a great time to be visiting Ireland, and especially with friends!  We absolutely have some recommendations for car rental companies that you can check out over on our Vehicle Rental in Ireland article.  I'm a little unsure if there would be a price difference online compared to booking directly.  It may be worthwhile sending your chosen rental company an email to query that.
With regards to choosing which areas to visit, I would like to suggest considering taking a look at our Trip Ideas page.  It may be best to establish where throughout the island you would like to visit first, and from there you can locate suitable accommodation.  Have a look and see what inspiration you can gather, then I can absolutely point you in the right direction of some accommodation options.

Lastly, as you've mentioned visiting with children, I wanted to invite you to check out the topic below which could be pretty useful also:I hope this helps!

All the best,

Colin

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 26 Jul 2017 11:22 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Fairouz, 

I represent for Car Rental Ireland brand and I would advise booking in advance given you are a large group and with young children. Are you bringing your own baby & booster seats? 

Ireland offers lots of options to go, is there anywhere in particular you are visiting? More information would help Community Ireland to provide advice.  Renting a house through AirBnB is a lovely idea, home from home and you'll be able to cater for your group & children's needs. 

There are a lot of resources to research on here - http://www.ireland.com/en-gb/

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 22 Feb 2018 10:46 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi Antoine,

I hope you found the perfect place to spend your December holidays with the family.
If you're ever in need again of finding that place, it could be a good idea to check out some of the Clayton Hotels as most of them have special family rooms, family suites and there's often a Kid's Club during the holidays!