Music Festivals in Ennis Area - June 2017

Music Festivals in Ennis Area - June 2017

Author
Posted Thu 25 Feb 2016 8:50 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 1 hour ago Visits: 22K
Question Posted by Member Michael Conca
I'm planning (ok way ahead of time!) to visit County Clare in June of 2017. It will be my first (of many I hope) visit to Ireland! I have heard that there's many music festivals in the Ennis area (not far from the Cliffs of Moher). Can anyone speak to this?
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 25 Feb 2016 10:20 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
There are several music festivals in county clare over the summer period but dates for 2017 events won't be confirmed probably at this point.  The west coast towns of miltown malbay, lahinch, kilrush, kilkee, lisdoonvarna and doonbeg are the main locations for the most popular events and each year the dates will vary slightly so you'll need to check in late 2016 or early 2017 for the exact dates.

In June the main event is the Doolin Music Festival - http://www.doolinfolkfestival.com
The biggest traditional music festival in County Clare is the Willie Clancy Festival but this actually starts usually on the first weekend of July and runs for 10 days - http://www.scoilsamhraidhwillieclancy.com/

In the summer months you'll not have to look very far in any town in County Clare to find live music in pubs & bars and other venues like community halls.  The county town of Ennis is actually located 20 minutes from Shannon Airport and about 30 - 50 minutes drive from most of the coastal towns referred to above.  In Ennis there is a Music festival at the end of May called the Fleadh Nua which might be of interest if you've coming a little earlier - http://www.fleadhnua.com

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 15 Feb 2024 10:22 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 12
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 22 Mar 2024 10:34 AM Visits: 269
With events in towns like Miltown Malbay, Lahinch, Kilrush, Kilkee, Lisdoonvarna, and Doonbeg, there's no shortage of opportunities to experience live music and immerse yourself in the local culture.