This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Caravan touring

Caravan touring

Author
Forum Expert
Forum Expert (694 reputation)
Great Britain
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 25 Feb 2016 2:30 PM Visits: 3
My husband and I are planning a 3 week trip to Ireland in May. The north is a well trodden beautiful path so we are looking to tour more in the south. We would like recommended dog friendly small caravan sites (maybe adult only?) so we can plan a route before we go. Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thank you, Barbara.
Posted Thu 25 Feb 2016 2:30 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)Supreme Being (20.9K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 10 Nov 2016 1:32 PM Visits: 906
Hi Barbara!
It's nice to hear that you want to spend 3 weeks in Ireland. I am sure you will have a lovely time.
camping-ireland.ie is a great website to look for camping and caravan parks in Ireland. You just need to select the location and it will show you all the options in the area. Some of the caravan parks are pet-friendly. :) You can see that information under the “facilities” option on each of the caravan and camping parks. I am afraid you won't find a lot of options with adult only.
Also, you can visit our official website, we have suggested itineraries and tips that you might find useful.
I hope this helps. :)
Tags
Posted Thu 25 Feb 2016 3:20 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (6.3K reputation)Industry Member (6.3K reputation)Industry Member (6.3K reputation)Industry Member (6.3K reputation)Industry Member (6.3K reputation)Industry Member (6.3K reputation)Industry Member (6.3K reputation)Industry Member (6.3K reputation)Industry Member (6.3K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Mon 5 Sep 2016 4:01 PM Visits: 157
Hello Barbara, 
I am a fair weather camper, so we love to go last minute and never too far away from home.   South Kerry & West Cork is a gem from this point of view.  I can highly recommend Mannix Point near Cahersiveen on The Ring of Kerr.  Great setting and I reasonably certain that they are pet friendly.  Another favourite is Glencross at Glenbeigh also on The Ring of Kerry but very near the lovely beach at Rossbeigh.  
Then in West Cork to the lovely village of Balllickey, not far from Bantry, Ballylickey has a unique temperate climate and Eagle Point is a fantastic four star sheltered camp/caravan  site at the waters edge.

These are my picks as these are the only sites I have experienced and all offered a very high standard. 

Happy planning!
Carmel
Posted Thu 25 Feb 2016 3:45 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (331 reputation)Industry Member (331 reputation)Industry Member (331 reputation)Industry Member (331 reputation)Industry Member (331 reputation)Industry Member (331 reputation)Industry Member (331 reputation)Industry Member (331 reputation)Industry Member (331 reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 25 Feb 2016 4:27 PM Visits: 4
Hello Barbara,
Castle Archdale Caravan Park is small enough to be quiet and friendly and large enough to have first rate facilities! We're just 10 miles from the Wild Atlantic Way so you can have the best of North and South! We're dog friendly and you'll have miles and miles of forest walks to explore. 

Posted Thu 25 Feb 2016 4:29 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)Industry Member (4.2K reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 1 Feb 2019 12:18 PM Visits: 76
Hello Barbara

Please take a look at www.shepherdsrestpub.com.

I would like you to reconsider your plan not to spend time in Northern Ireland. Our campsite is in the centre of NI. A 1 hr trip by car will take you most places in NI. If you could enlighten me as to your interests in life I may be able to research what's on that would suit your interests or your partner. If I had a incline I am sure I could put a proposal to you that would appeal.
Eg Poetry tour of Seamus Heaney Home Ground.

A guided tour of our local area. With a iZi app guided tour. Short and long walks with info boards on route. If I had a incline I could come back to you with proposals and a date then maybe you would consider staying with us.

Colin

Posted Thu 25 Feb 2016 7:05 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (7.3K reputation)Industry Member (7.3K reputation)Industry Member (7.3K reputation)Industry Member (7.3K reputation)Industry Member (7.3K reputation)Industry Member (7.3K reputation)Industry Member (7.3K reputation)Industry Member (7.3K reputation)Industry Member (7.3K reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Wed 8 May 2019 11:59 AM Visits: 94
Hi Barbara,
We produce the Ireland Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Guide which features over 90 parks throughout the Island of Ireland.  You can order a copy from our website www.campingireland.ie  We also have an App which you can download for free - Camping Ireland.  Most parks in Ireland allow dogs.  In our guide and website you will see a symbol of a dog.  If there is a line through the symbol then the park's don't accept a dog.
Hope this information will be of help
Regards
Aideen
Camping Ireland
Posted Fri 26 Feb 2016 9:07 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Prestige User
Prestige User (3.5K reputation)Prestige User (3.5K reputation)Prestige User (3.5K reputation)Prestige User (3.5K reputation)Prestige User (3.5K reputation)Prestige User (3.5K reputation)Prestige User (3.5K reputation)Prestige User (3.5K reputation)Prestige User (3.5K reputation)
Ireland, Wexford
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 9 Jan 2017 9:53 PM Visits: 235
Hi Barbara, 
If you looking to head South you can't get any more South than the Sunny South East in Wexford and the southern most point in Ireland, Carnsore Point, site of the 78' anti-nuclear protests that successful stop the building of not 1 but 4 nuclear power stations. Now home to 14 wind turbines and located right in the middle of the Wind Farm at Carnsore Point is the ruins of the 5th century chapel of St. Vogue. Great Coastal walks and wildlife. Furthermore there are many historical points of interest all within walking distance. There is Two beautiful Campsites in the area Carne Holiday Park and St. Margarets Campsite which are featured on the camping Ireland website.
To find out more of the history and scenic views in the area check out The Hidden Gems Of Carne Facebook page. No matter where you go in the South you will find it to be a lovely place. Happy Holidays. :)  
Posted Fri 26 Feb 2016 8:24 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (440 reputation)Industry Member (440 reputation)Industry Member (440 reputation)Industry Member (440 reputation)Industry Member (440 reputation)Industry Member (440 reputation)Industry Member (440 reputation)Industry Member (440 reputation)Industry Member (440 reputation)
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Tue 1 Mar 2016 11:18 AM Visits: 9
Hi Barbara,
Ballyronan Marina & Caravan Park is a peaceful site with picturesque views of Lough Neagh. The park is around 12 miles from Cookstown in the village of Ballyronan. To accompany the site there is a 1.2km woodland walk known as 'Ballyronan Wood'.

Places to visit:
- Ardboe Old Cross
- Beaghmore Stone Circles
- Bellaghy Bawn
- Church Island
- Drum Manor Forest Park
- Hill of the O'Neill
- Lissan House
- Maghera Walled Garden
- Springhill House & Gardens

Tags
Posted Tue 1 Mar 2016 11:19 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (51.2K reputation)Community Expert (51.2K reputation)Community Expert (51.2K reputation)Community Expert (51.2K reputation)Community Expert (51.2K reputation)Community Expert (51.2K reputation)Community Expert (51.2K reputation)Community Expert (51.2K reputation)Community Expert (51.2K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 5 hours ago Visits: 10.9K
Hi Barbara,
if you are looking for an ideal location to tour the South West of Ireland, take a look at Woodlands Park, situated in Tralee Co Kerry. They are dog friendly (however not adult only) and May is normally a quiet time as regards to children and families.

I hope this helps and enjoy your trip.

Posted Thu 3 Mar 2016 9:34 AM
Question
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (433 reputation)Industry Member (433 reputation)Industry Member (433 reputation)Industry Member (433 reputation)Industry Member (433 reputation)Industry Member (433 reputation)Industry Member (433 reputation)Industry Member (433 reputation)Industry Member (433 reputation)
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Mon 7 Mar 2016 10:09 PM Visits: 16
Hi Barbara , We have a small traditional park in West Cork directly on the Wild Atlantic Way . We are approx 45 mins from Cork city and we have some of the best beaches in the country on our doorstep and your dog will be very happy with an amazing coastal wood walk just down the road from us . Our website is Sextonscamping.com so feel free to send an email if you are interested in this part of Ireland Kind regards Elaine
Posted Mon 7 Mar 2016 9:37 PM
Question