Suggested Final part of Holiday

Suggested Final part of Holiday

Author
Posted Thu 19 Oct 2017 10:38 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello, Celia.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us for some resources - they are on the way to you!

Also, a great choice to include Derry~Londonderry in your itinerary, huge thanks to Barry for sharing some amazing ideas and suggestions which will undoubtedly be very helpful to you.

I'm not local to Derry~Londonderry myself, so perhaps some of the locals we have here on the Community may be able to provide some guidance on the gluten-free query.  

In the meantime, you are very welcome to have a browse at some of the restaurants, pubs and cafe options throughout the area, perhaps some catch your eye in particular.

Speak soon,

Colin

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 19 Oct 2017 4:02 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 9:20 AM Visits: 5.9K
Hi Celia

Thanks again for your response. I'm so glad that you intend to spend a day walking around our beautiful city. I have no doubt that you will enjoy your day here. As regards a place that serves good wholesome gluten free food there are many excellent options. Many of the local restaurants and cafes are of an extremely good quality and, generally, these will provide gluten free menus and options.  A list of appropriate gluten free eateries that you may be interested in can be found here.

I hope you find this helpful and, like I said before, if you need any more assistance prior to your visit then please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards

Barry
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 20 Oct 2017 11:02 AM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: 6 hours ago Visits: 2.4K
Hi Celia,

I am delighted to hear that you plan to spend a week exploring the Causeway Coast. If you would like to call into Coleraine Visitor Information Centre we can give you loads of information about the area, including the many attractions, along with maps and walking brochures such as the Causeway Coast Way. We can also let you know about activities on offer and events that are happening during your holiday. We are situated in the Town Hall in the centre of Coleraine and we would be very happy to help you make the most out of you time here.  You might like to look at our web site: www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com
Kind Regards,

Anne

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 22 Oct 2017 10:11 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Thanks for this we will definitely come and visit you at the start of our week on the Causeway Coast, it has been on our to visit place for many years and really looking forward to actually seeing it.

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 24 Oct 2017 10:03 AM
View Quick Profile
Hello Celia, 

I hope you are well. 

Northern Ireland is such a beautiful place I think you are really going to enjoy it there. 

Giant Causeway is a must see while in the North. Located in Northern Ireland, the route boast one of the breathtaking sights Ireland has to offer. Giant's Causeway and Carrick a Rede rope bridge are some of the highlights. Starting from Belfast, you’ll hit the winding coastal road and journey through your way through scenic tourist attractions including Giant’s Causeway, Dunluce Castle, and Torr scenic road.

Another trip worth taking a look at Donegals Wild Atlantic way, as part of the Wild Atlantic Way, Donegal is located in the Ireland's North and feature's in National Geographic Traveller edition - 'Coolest Place on the Planet'. Some of the highlights from this trip range from Fanad Head Lighthouse to Slieve League - Europe's highest clifftops. You should highly consider adding this to your itinerary. 

Finally, for any Game of Thrones fans, I would also suggest visiting some of the locations where Game of Thrones was shot.  Northern Ireland is home to more Seven Kingdoms locations than anywhere else in the world. Some of the top locations are:
  • Pollnagollum Cave/Marble Arch Cave
  • Portstewart Strand
  • Downhill Beach
  • Binevenagh
  • Dark Hedges
Not only are these locations from the tv series, but they are also some of the most photographed spots in Ireland and are extremely scenic. 

We do hope this helps. 

Looking forward to hearing how your trip was. 

Best Wishes, 

The Car Rental Ireland Team.

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 24 Oct 2017 2:30 PM
View Quick Profile
Hello, Celia.

It's really wonderful that you are now getting the chance to tick off many great places, some that have been on your list for quite a while.

Huge thanks to the Car Rental Ireland team for sharing even more worthy suggestions to consider - spoilt for choice!  It's really amazing to see so many great ideas come together.  You will have plenty to look forward to.

Speak soon,

Colin

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 15 Nov 2017 7:11 PM
View Quick Profile
I've suggestion, if you are visiting near Cookstown, then you must visit Springhill House. It is a 17th-century plantation house in the townland of Ballindrum near Moneymore. Its worth to visit.

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 11 Jul 2018 4:14 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 4 hours ago Visits: 13.9K
Hello, Celia.

I hope you are well! 

How was your trip to Northern Ireland? I'm sure that with all our pieces of advice you had a memorable trip. I would love to hear all about it and if there are any tips you'd like to share with us, you're more than welcome.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Have a nice day!

Francesco
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 18 Jan 2024 10:40 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 12
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 22 Mar 2024 10:34 AM Visits: 269
If you find yourself near Cookstown, a visit to Springhill House is in deed a must. This 17th-century plantation house, holds a unique charm and historical significance.