Day Trip to Dublin from Trim

Day Trip to Dublin from Trim

Author
Posted Wed 10 Jan 2018 3:25 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello!
I'll be staying in Trim and will take a day trip to Dublin.
If we drive to Dublin, where is the the best place to park the car?
The primary destination for our sightseeing is the Book of Kells, Trinity College and then the Archeology Museum.
We plan to use the HoHo while in city of Dublin.  Is there a specific route HoHo that we should choose?
Thank you,
I appreciate your advise
Norma

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 10 Jan 2018 1:07 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Norma, 

How keen are you on taking your car into Dublin? It's not always the easiest city to drive in for first timers and with parking charges quite high, it may be better to take public transport from Trim. 

The 111 bus (timetable here) is a very frequent service between Trim and Dublin with plenty of stops in Trim to ensure that you won't have to travel too far from your accommodation. If you're okay with walking a little bit, the HOHO bus may be rather unnecessary as it's not very far at all to walk between Trinity College, the National Museum and a host of other sites in the centre of the city such as Dublin Castle and Christchurch.

I live very close to Trim so please let me know if there's any other advice I can offer,

Gary Reilly
YourWay Ireland
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 10 Jan 2018 2:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Norma,

A day trip to Dublin to visit Trinity College, the Book of Kells and the Archaeology Museum is a wonderful idea!

Thanks to Gary for some advice on the public transport option from Trim, a good idea if you want to avoid driving completely.

As the places you wish to see are on the south side of the River Liffey, the best place to park would be near Trinity College. While there is no parking available on campus, they have some advice on where to park that would be worth taking a look at.

The Hop On Hop Off bus is a great way to see around the city. The route is a circular pattern and the stops are outside of all of the main attractions such as Trinity College. If the weather is fine, a walk around the city may be the best way to get around.

Is there anywhere else in Dublin that you would like to see during your day in the city?

Martin