Need some help from Kilmeaden

Need some help from Kilmeaden

Author
Posted Fri 2 Feb 2018 2:56 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thank you Christoph!  I just emailed you my contact info.  I'm so excited :)
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 14 Feb 2018 1:17 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Three generations of Irish Americans.  That's me in the blue print shirt.  I can't tell you how happy I was to receive the stone you sent me from Kilmeaden!  Now I can hold Ireland in the palm of my hand :)  Thank you for your kindness and for the goodies you sent along with the stone.  I am so darn excited I can't thank you enough!  What a thoughtful and wonderful gift you have given to me.  I know that the dates of the railroad are just the right time frame for when my ancestors left Ireland.  I feel like I hold a piece of their history in my hand as well. What a wonderful feeling to know that this stone comes from a place where they stood!  

Thank you Maria, Noel and community.Ireland.com for making my dream a reality!  God bless you and yours,
Mary Dillon

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/14-02-2018/56573457-0a00-499c-9e3e-3401.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 14 Feb 2018 1:41 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Mary,

So happy our community helped you getting a piece of Ireland and more importantly, a piece of your family history!

Love the family picture, thanks for sharing it with us. 
I am sure I speak for over members as well, we want to see pictures of the stone as well! 😍

Again, it is such an exciting news Mary, and I can't wait to see if you get more stones! 😉

Elodie
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 14 Feb 2018 2:18 PM
View Quick Profile
Wow, this is such a beautiful story... Thanks for sharing this amazing connection, Mary. Best wishes to you and your lovely family. :)
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 15 Feb 2018 7:34 AM
View Quick Profile
This is just wonderful! 
Thank you so much for sharing your story and your photo, Mary! 
Greetings to all of you! :)
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 16 Feb 2018 5:34 AM
View Quick Profile
This is a picture of the stone sent to me by Maria and Noel!  I'm so excited :)
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/16-02-2018/1fb655cb-2de6-4346-905f-500c.jpg

Thank you again!!!
Mary Dillon