I need a lot of help

I need a lot of help

Author
Posted Wed 7 Feb 2018 7:28 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Mary
I'm not sure about the trecker ticket. What do you think? I'll be in Dublin 3/14 leave the next day to Belfast. Coming back to Dublin but to continue to Galway. Would the trecker ticket would include the train to Galway from Dublin? How about ground transportation around Galway using the trecker ticket, and if I go to other areas in Ireland, like Ennis or ?

I'll be traveling Paddy's date from Belfast to Galway, granted I haven't checked the schedule yet. I was hoping buying the ticket in Dublin.Yes I'm very interested going to see the Cliffs of Moher. I was hoping doing that during my stay in Galway not on my departure.
Yes, I'm also interested in seeing the Cliffs in Clare. But don't want to stay 3 days in Galway. Do you think it would make sense to spend the night in Clare or ? as I head toward Dublin. It sounds tempting covering Cork, but I think it might be another big city. And based on what I experienced in Galway, I suspect Cork would be as bad to find lodging. Hence my request for suggestions for other towns to spend 1-2 nights toward Dublin that would be interesting, and yet easier to find lodging To be honest, I'm really surprised to see how challenging is to travel to Ireland in March, not even full blown Spring or Summer
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 7 Feb 2018 7:34 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Elizabeth,

Since I'll try to visit Cliffs of Moher during my stay in Galway I'll have a better idea to go back and spend time in Cork. However, I'm going to check the probability for lodging in Cork 3/19-20. Actually, do you think it's worth to spend one night in Clare, then continuing to Cork 3/20 - 3/21. And travel on 3/21 to Dublin. I'd have 2 whole days and one night in Dublin

I have a second questions. What do you recommend for mobile phones I have an unlocked phone. I might need a phone to reach hotels, and bus stations etc. Do I buy a sim card and service upon arrival or???
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 7 Feb 2018 7:44 PM
View Quick Profile
One night in Clare is fine , look around Cork areas for lodging Kinsale area is beautiful lots to see and do , Cobh is Ellis island of Ireland ,
Sim card idea  is ok, I bought an inexpensive phone @ airport with a pay as you go plan .  
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 7 Feb 2018 8:15 PM
View Quick Profile
Well, I see lodging is better in Ennis I found a place $48 per night Banner Lodge on Market Sq. do you think I should book for one or two nights after galway
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 7 Feb 2018 8:24 PM
View Quick Profile
I couldn't take a chance. So I went ahead and booked it 3-19- 3-21 Banner Lodge. It got 8.2 pts on the reviews. $48 per nite. I can cancel until 3/7/ 18. So I have some cushion. Actually it's only 30 mins by bus from Galway. Hmmmm  now was contemplating if my booking at the Kinlay in Galway with 6 people for about the same as a private room in Ennis. Nah I better leave it alone. Don't you all agree LOL
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 7 Feb 2018 8:42 PM
View Quick Profile
Ennis is fine.   You will be able to get advice there on getting to Doolin and Cliffs of Moher. 
You could travel to Bunratty Castle or go to Limerick which has a some nice sights.
Easy to get to Dublin from there or Limerick which is less than an hour away.

I am familiar with Kinlay Hostel  as I live near Galway.  A few minutes walk from the train and bus station.
Its perfectly situated in the centre of the town.
 We walk everywhere in Galway. it is more a very large town than big city. 
Lots of great places to eat and good pubs for music. 
Mary

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 7 Feb 2018 8:54 PM
View Quick Profile
Mary
Oh that's great that you live nearby and are familiar with Galway. I been told that it's a great town to see the Paddy's parade, but I will be traveling on that day will be arriving in the PM. However, I haven't confirmed what trains are available on Paddy's day Belfast Heuston Connolly - Galway.

It sounds like Galway a big party town. A lot to cover while there, but a must is taking a day trip to Cliffs of Moher, that in itself would take an entire day.
Elizabeth
Buying a Pay as you go phone sounds like a good idea.

Neither you or Mary answered my questions, Are you both related? Or just a coincidence that both have the same last name?
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 7 Feb 2018 8:58 PM
View Quick Profile
Not related Larry. a coincidence.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 7 Feb 2018 9:02 PM
View Quick Profile
Now I get it. It's like Brown or Smith here in the US LOL. 
At first I thought you both were the same person, but then realized it wasn't. Nevertheless, I'm very greatful that all of you have been very supportive all the way through. I have not been getting too much support from the other Forums.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 7 Feb 2018 9:27 PM
View Quick Profile
Another bit of info you might like , do not over pack . All of the 23 counties I  have visited have dry cleaners and most  have a laundry with it  They do same day service, drop off in am pick up early evening. 
I have been to Ireland in every season and  every month, While January and February are much quieter the rest of the year has lots of visitors from all over the world , summer of course the most crowded
Elizabeth .