Late summer/early fall festivals?

Late summer/early fall festivals?

Author
Posted Wed 9 May 2018 6:12 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Are there any major festivals happening near the end of September or in October that are worth checking out? My wife and I will be staying for 20 days and we both want to see what options there are in which locations to get an idea of where we want to stay.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 11:25 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Festivals are very popular on the island of Ireland, here is an article on our top 30 which may be of interest!

There are several in September and October including various areas across the country in Dublin, Derry~Londonderry West Cork, and Dingle to name but a few.

Will you still be over to see us at Halloween? It is a very popular time of year, and Derry~Londonderry is the place to be.

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 11:39 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi James,

As far as I know the Oyster Festivals in Carlingford and Galway are on around September time. There will also be the All Ireland Hurling and Gaelic Football finals, these will be held on different weekends in Dublin. Then you have the Matchmaking Festival in Lisdoonvarna in County Clare, it's on each weekend in September.

Regards,

Sandra