Which area has the most to see?

Which area has the most to see?

Author
Posted Wed 9 May 2018 6:13 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
In terms of staying more south or more north, east or west... 

Which area of Ireland has the most to see, do, and explore overall? I would imagine there are nice things to do all over but I want a generalization of each to know where the misses and I should stay. 
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 10:30 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
There are plenty of places to visit and things to see and do on the whole of the island of Ireland! That is what makes us a perfect destination for a visit anytime of the year.

The Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland's Ancient East, and the Causeway Coastal Route are all full of iconic attractions too numerous to list.

Is there anything in particular that you would be interested in seeing or doing during your time with us?

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 8:58 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Like Martin has said, there are so many things to do all over the country; it really just depends on what types of activities you fancy!  :)
I live in Donegal, and if you'll be spending any time in this area, I could suggest loads of things to do up in this part of the country, as well as in Northern Ireland. If you guys are inti exploring the great outdoors, Donegal boasts the highest sea cliffs in Europe, Slieve League. Yes, they're higher even than the Cliffs of Moher! There is a lovely hike along the top of the cliffs as well as boat tours that will give you a true perspective of just how high they are; or you can choose to stay at the viewing area with a warm cuppa or an ice cream if you'd rather. Mt. Errigal is a must see as well and is in Dunlewey where you'll also find a great community center that offers a host of activities in the summer for both kids and adults. I would also recommend a drive up to Fanad Head. The whole area of Fanad and Kerrykeel are beautiful and there's a picture perfect lighthouse to check out, as well as a world class golf course at Portsalon. I could go on forever but I'll just stop and leave you with these photos.  :)  hopefully you'll be able to see them.  :)https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/10-05-2018/f70b87e7-4bdd-4be1-9bea-8c67.jpghttps://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/10-05-2018/34b89b7f-a435-4c11-83d9-9822.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 14 May 2018 2:41 PM
View Quick Profile
Hey James!

It's great to see that you're making good use of the Community. I hope you're getting all of the information you need to get the ball rolling on your trip here!

Regarding specific locations in Ireland, we're ambassadors for the whole island of Ireland. We love all of Ireland equally, so it wouldn't be fair for us to pinpoint specific locations. There are activities and attractions all over the country that you will find interesting, so don't worry about going somewhere that there isn't anything to do! 

You can visit our Destinations page on ireland.com for more ideas on where you can go while here.

Definitely let us know if you have any queries, and I'm sure some of our other members will chime in if they think of anything!

Thanks,

Shane