Where to stay in Northern Ireland

Where to stay in Northern Ireland

Author
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 3:53 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello.  I'm planning a trip to Northern Ireland and will definitely visit Belfast.  I'm also wondering where to stay outside the city.  I like to find a little cottage/B&B where I can enjoy some of the beautiful scenery and still be in or near a village.  Does anyone know the country well enough to give me some recommendations?  Also, is a visit to Londonderry also a must see?

Thank you.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 4:54 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Rhonda,

It's really great to hear you're planning a visit over to Northern Ireland!

Some of my favourite spots along the Causeway Coastal Route include the Giants Causeway, and  Carrick-a-rede bridge to Dunluce Castle.  Breathtaking! Maybe you'd enjoy a wee visit there as well.

Belfast is an amazingly vibrant city with so much to offer. The food markets get me every time, and of course, Titanic Belfast is an experience like no other. 

Should you have the time, I really think Derry~Londonderry is well worth the visit. Walking the Wall, crossing the Peace Bridge and gazing at the rivers....I find it just a profoundly beautiful city. 

Your thoughts on where to stay are just fantastic.  Please free to check out our Accommodations Tool for some ideas. Quiet cottages and B&Bs are one of the most lovely ways to rest and recharge after a day out.  I'd love to hear from our Community members as to where they'd suggest staying - maybe some special spots that hold memories for them.

Sionainn 

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 16 May 2018 1:42 AM
View Quick Profile
Thank you for the helpful information.  Can you recommend a village to stay at the end or near the end of that drive?  I did see some pictures and saw some beautiful villages but there were no names to refer to.

Thank you!
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 16 May 2018 9:48 AM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 20
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 11:55 AM Visits: 1.7K
Hi
I am delighted that you are coming to visit Northern Ireland, you are sure to have a great time!
In addition to the ideas you have already received I suggest you look at www.visitbelfast.com for ideas on your visit to our city and for accommodation and other areas to visit, please check out www.discovernorthernireland.com.
In answer to your specific query regarding accommodation in the Causeway Coast and Glen area, www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com will show all accommodation in that area or if you would prefer to stay in Londonderry/Derry city itself, then http://www.visitderry.com/ will be a good resource for that.
I hope this information has been of some assistance to you.
Kind regards

Lyn
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 16 May 2018 4:43 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:42 AM Visits: 2.4K
Hi Rhonda,
I am delighted to learn that you intend to visit Northern Ireland, and I thoroughly recommend that you explore the Causeway Coastal Route. This stunningly beautiful route stretches from Belfast all the way to Derry-Londonderry, threading its way through many quaint villages. Cushendall and Cushendun and well placed for exploring the Glens of Antrim – beautiful river valleys - while Bushmills and Castlerock are in a good location for exploring the northerly section of the coastline with the Giant’s Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and the Mussenden Temple.
Might I suggest you go to the accommodation search on our website, whereby you can put in a location and bring up self-catering properties in that area. https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com/ You might just see your dream cottage!
I hope this helps and that you end up having a wonderful time.
King regards,
Mary.
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 1 Oct 2021 3:37 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 4
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 7 Oct 2021 9:37 PM Visits: 81
HOW MUCH WOULD IT BE PLANNING A TRIP ROM UNITED STATES TO LONDON
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 2 Oct 2021 2:34 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Too much for us to be able to help! 🤣

But if you change your mind and decide to come over to Ireland, we have some sweet offers from our partners. 😉
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 9 Feb 2023 1:12 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 5
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Tue 14 Feb 2023 8:50 PM Visits: 24
Stay at The Harrison Chambers of Distinction Belfast

The accommodation consists of two  restored, landmark Victorian merchants’ residences dating from 1879. Designed to serve the culturally curious travellers we are located near the Lyric theatre, Queens Film theatre, the Grand Opera house, Crescent Arts Centre and just opposite Botanic gardens.

Learn all about the first family to live here and their fascinating lives. Each of the 16 rooms combines pieces collected by Melanie over many years with the very best facilities that the 21st-century traveller demands and expects. Friendly staff will give you the inside track on the best attractions, music and cultural events happening in Belfast, with the city centre a mere 15 minutes' walk away.

www.chambersofdistinction.com