Visiting in and around Killarney

Visiting in and around Killarney

Author
Posted Sun 13 May 2018 7:07 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Apart from the well known tours in Killarney, I would love to visit other towns / villages nearby, I prefer to use public transport as I love to meet all locals and other visitors, any suggestions?
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 14 May 2018 10:26 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Killarney is a popular place to visit indeed, especially to travel around the Ring of Kerry and visit the National Park area.

Mallow is a town not too far away that can be reached using Irish Rail Tralee service.  Mallow Castle would be a place to visit whilst in the town and also you could take a Slí na Sláinte walk around the town too. 

Another town closeby would be Macroom, reachable using Bus Éireaan service, Macroom Castle and Farmers Markets are also popular places to visit.

Is there anything in particular that you would be interested in seeing during your time in the area?