Travel Information

Travel Information

Author
Posted Fri 18 May 2018 1:32 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My wife and I want to travel part of the Wild Atlantic Way for 7 days/6 nights next month. We thought of flying from Liverpool to Shannon or Liverpool to Knock and hiring a car. Therefore, we will have to retrace our journey to the airport to return the car and fly home. We are seeking advice on where to book overnight accommodation - ie, if we start in Shannon and head north, where would you advise for overnight stops. We do not know the mileages and timescales between areas of interest. Ideally, we would like to go to Galway and Cliffs of Moher, then retrace south to Limerick and Killarney.

Help!
John and Jane Jenkins

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 18 May 2018 4:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello John and Jane,

You've chosen a lovely part of Ireland to explore, and you'll easily be able to see all of the sights in the area in those seven days. The drive from Shannon Airport to Galway will take about 2 and a half hours, and it is a great city to spend the night. You can use this as a base for a day trip to the Cliffs of Moher, and other sightseeing spots in the area like the Burren

Besides staying in a city, there are many lovely and picturesque little towns and villages along this part of the Wild Atlantic Way you can choose from. You'll find all sorts of types of accommodation, from cosy B&B's to unique hotels, and I have collected a few suggestions for you in this scrapbook.

I would also like to invite you to our Trip Hub filled with our favourite itineraries along the Wild Atlantic Way. All of these routes have a suggested time frame, and they will give you an idea of how long it takes to drive somewhere, and how long to stay in one area. Take a look at this other thread about travelling along the Wild Atlantic Way as well for more suggestions.

Have you looked into renting a car yet? You can find everything you need to know about vehicle rental in Ireland here. Hope this helps! :)

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 13 Jul 2018 12:36 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 5:40 PM Visits: 13.9K
Hi, John and Jane.

How was your trip last month? As Melin gave you some great pieces of advice for a road trip along the Wild Atlantic Way, I'm sure you had the chance to explore the natural beauty and enjoy the view of its picturesque landscapes. Tell us more about your adventure on the road and if you've taken any pictures you'd like to share with the Community, you're more than welcome!

Wishing you a wonderful day,

Francesco