Great Irish music and dancing in Dublin!

Great Irish music and dancing in Dublin!

Author
Posted Wed 6 Jun 2018 1:06 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My husband, adult daughter and I are starting a short road trip in Northern Ireland, then Dublin for a couple of nights. We'd love to hear and see some great Irish music and dancing.  Any recommendations where we should go for this in Dublin? There are so many choices and don't know where to start.. Thank you!  Janette 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 6 Jun 2018 3:33 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Janette, 

It's so exciting that you're planning on following the music during your road-trip around the island! There are indeed a lot of different options to choose from, and you'll find 9 of Dublin's most brilliant trad music pubs in this article

The Arlington Hotel is home to the 'Celtic Nights' dance show 7 days a week, and it's a lovely place to enjoy a traditional Irish dance show. If you'd like to do some dancing yourself, I'd definitely recommend the Irish Dance Party, with amazing musicians and dancers.

Take a look at the 'Traditional Music Concerts' thread, started by Lennart, as well. You'll find some wonderful tips and ideas there too. :)
When are you planning on coming over? You'll find that there are music festivals all year round, like for instance the famous Dublin Tradfest

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 7 Jun 2018 1:58 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
hi there
there are many sessions to enjoy
a few hot spots in Dublin 
O'Donoghes Baggot Street

The Villager Chapelizod

Brazen Head

Darky Kellys

Peadar Browns

The Cobblestone, Smithfield

Enjoy!

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 14 Jul 2018 7:58 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 5 hours ago Visits: 13.9K
Hello, Janette.

I hope you had a wonderful trip to Ireland! Did you bump into any particular venues during your journey? I'm looking forward to hearing from you and if you have any personal suggestions or video you managed to take and you'd love to share with us, that would be awesome!

Have a nice day,

Francesco
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 11 Sep 2023 1:46 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 12
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 22 Mar 2024 10:34 AM Visits: 269
It's a good idea to learn traditional instruments like a bodhran when visiting.