The north coast sounds lovely, where do you suggest I base myself?

The north coast sounds lovely, where do you suggest I base myself?

Author
Posted Thu 14 Jun 2018 4:19 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0

The ancient walled city of Derry~Londonderry is the perfect place to anchor yourself when visiting the north coast. This is the spot where the Causeway Coastal Route meets the Wild Atlantic Way and is a fab place to visit in its own right!

Within the fully intact 17th century city walls, there are tonnes of things to do. Take a walk and absorb the panoramic view or stroll across the Peace Bridge for some great food and brews at the Walled City Brewery.  

When exploring the north coast, both the Causeway Coastal Route and the Northern Headlands part of the Wild Atlantic Way are just outside, so take your pick (or do both). Check out this trip idea for how to do it all justice.

This county has plenty of hidden treasures away, too – feel the refreshing spray of the waterfall in Ness Country Park, or drop into the Seamus Heaney HomePlace and relive the words of the beloved Nobel-Prize winner! If you’re looking for something really relaxing, check out the river Foyle canoeing and slow food experience, or try a walking tour of the beautiful Sperrin mountains.

Do any other Community Experts have any recommendations to share?
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/14-06-2018/305c5f59-f39f-4edf-820a-7f6d.jpg