Translation

Translation

Author
Posted Mon 2 Jul 2018 7:49 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I was wondering if anyone would be willing or mind helping me translate a few quotes. For a friend of mines brithday I am getting her a few tattoos she has been wanting but I want to make sure that what she is getting done is truly the correct translation.
I would appreciate anything. Thank you in advance.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 3 Jul 2018 11:40 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Nicole,

That's so nice of you! I bet your friend will be delighted with the birthday present you have in mind.

There are a few members in the Community who speak Irish and I'm sure they will be happy to help with those translations, so don't hesitate to tell us what you would like to see translated. 

If you are willing to dabble in the language yourself, you can also check this thread: How can I learn the basics of the Irish language?

Looking forward to seeing what ideas you got for the tattoos!

Jorge
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 4 Jul 2018 1:56 PM
View Quick Profile
“Strength is what we gain from the madness we survive”

This is the quote we are wanting translated. She def wants to learn the language so I will pass the link on to her. Thank you so much.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 4 Jul 2018 5:51 PM
View Quick Profile
The other translation needed is:
And the chaos within found balance.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 5 Jul 2018 10:04 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Nicole,

It is always a good idea to have tattoos translated properly, so we are asking around to find the closest translation.

Not all English words and phrases are directly translatable, but I'm sure we can find the sentiment for such powerful quotes.

I'm sure our fellow members will have some helpful information also.

Martin